Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 PM   #1
colly
colly began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300
Convert html to epub

Hi,

Recently I put a file size limit of 260kb on conversion from html to epub after finding that my Sony reader was showing a page error because, it seems, one of the internal files in the epub file was too large. I notice now that the files in all the epub files I create are html rather than xhtml. Could someone advise whether that has any consequences using the epub file on different devices. Thanks.
colly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it doesn't.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
colly
colly began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs300
this is nothing to do with drm. I have my own html file and am converting to epub. When I set a file size limit on epub conversion the files in the epub are html, not xhtml as is usually the case.
colly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah i know, the file extension doesn't matter. its an artifact of the splitting plugin.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by colly View Post
Could someone advise whether that has any consequences using the epub file on different devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, it doesn't.

I do not provide assistance with DRM removal, for legal reasons, so don't PM about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colly View Post
this is nothing to do with drm.
Your signature really messes with new members on this forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm suggestions on how to make it more newbie friendly?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Hmm suggestions on how to make it more newbie friendly?
I'm not sure you can make it "newbie friendly" without actually placing your name in the signature. This would be just a tad redundant though.

I say leave it as is. In each instance of confusion I've seen, you have just stuck with the topic at hand and respected the fact that they were new.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm not sure you can make it "newbie friendly" without actually placing your name in the signature.
It might help a bit to change it to read:
"Notice to all: I do not provide assistance with DRM removal, for legal reasons, so please do not contact me about it. "

Most of the confusion I've seen is that they think it's a specific reply to their post.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
"Notice to all: I do not provide assistance with DRM removal, for legal reasons, so please do not contact me about it. "

Most of the confusion I've seen is that they think it's a specific reply to their post.
Good suggestion.

I hate to say it, but I've enjoyed the occasional chuckle while observing the minor confusion this induced.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post

Good idea.

Tags
convert html to epub, size limit for epub