Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #1
ttaiw
ttaiw began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ V7
Kobo Aura One Bricked.

My Kobo Aura One Bricked. No USB Mass Storage mode in windows.
I cannot Power Up and Screen only have a light no any text. I try to factory reset by hold Power Bottom for 30sec but it still not power up.

Any one who have solution to debrick it.

Thanks.
ttaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #2
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
Have you tried charge it?
Maybe its run out of battery
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #3
ttaiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpirad View Post
Have you tried charge it?
Maybe its run out of battery
I had already try to charge all night.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaiw View Post
I had already try to charge all night.
Was it on a wall charger?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
ttaiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Was it on a wall charger?
Yes, I was use wall charger .
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Try new cord & wall charger.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
My Kobo Aura One Bricked. No USB Mass Storage mode in windows.
Sorry, but you do know that is normal for a Kobo device? Until you get the prompt to connect to the PC, the device should not be seen by the PC.
Quote:
I cannot Power Up and Screen only have a light no any text. I try to factory reset by hold Power Bottom for 30sec but it still not power up.
If that is all that you have done, then that is not the way to do a factory reset. The full steps are the last method in https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2. All the steps are needed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
ttaiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, but you do know that is normal for a Kobo device? Until you get the prompt to connect to the PC, the device should not be seen by the PC.

If that is all that you have done, then that is not the way to do a factory reset. The full steps are the last method in https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...Aura_Edition_2. All the steps are needed.
Thank for help.
I did Perform a manual factory reset many time.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:01 AM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thank for help.
The problem is that several times, people have skipped over a step in the factory reset so when replying to questions about factory reset, posters tend to want what amounts to a checklist that you have followed the steps.
  1. connected to a power source and will leave connected -- yup!
  2. waited for an hour to allow to charge -- yup!
  3. held the power button down for 10-20 seconds -- yup!
  4. released the power button and waited a few seconds -- yup!
  5. pressed the power button and held it down for 30 seconds -- yup!
  6. waited for the Restore screen to appear before releasing the button -- yup!
  7. gave up holding the button after 20 minutes -- Aaarrghhh!
  8. tried this at least twice and it still doesn't work -- yup!

Last edited by DNSB; 11-18-2017 at 12:07 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:32 AM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank for help.
In your post you said, "factory reset by hold Power Bottom for 30sec". Just holding the power button down for 30 seconds does not do factory reset. All it does is force the device to turn off. The manual factory reset needs all the steps mentioned in link I gave or in DNSB's post. Including the charging step.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:10 AM   #11
ttaiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The problem is that several times, people have skipped over a step in the factory reset so when replying to questions about factory reset, posters tend to want what amounts to a checklist that you have followed the steps.
  1. connected to a power source and will leave connected -- yup!
  2. waited for an hour to allow to charge -- yup!
  3. held the power button down for 10-20 seconds -- yup!
  4. released the power button and waited a few seconds -- yup!
  5. pressed the power button and held it down for 30 seconds -- yup!
  6. waited for the Restore screen to appear before releasing the button -- yup!
  7. gave up holding the button after 20 minutes -- Aaarrghhh!
  8. tried this at least twice and it still doesn't work -- yup!
I did follow step many time. but no Restore screen to appear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2080.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	160087  
Old 11-18-2017, 04:52 AM   #12
Taner
Taner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
I did follow step many time. but no Restore screen to appear.
Look like your screen is broken.
Taner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:15 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taner View Post
Look like your screen is broken.
Yes, a broken screen. And that is a pretty obvious thing to miss mentioning.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #14
ttaiw

Thanks you very much.