Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #451
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMNonMR View Post
I would like to request, if possible, some kind of dark or night theme.
I would like to second this.

If the book list screen and the book detail screen had an option for white text and a black background, that would do it for me.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #452
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think we have discussed this before, but I have a subset of an old suggestion for an update to a widget that might be less effort for you.

I use the CC Book Grid widget, but its shows last book opened (which is nice), not last book accessed (which is what I would prefer). If you limited the maximum number of books in the grid to perhaps 10, you could just keep track of the last ten books of the chosen sort, and then you could offer more sorts in the widgets.

Thoughts?
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #453
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMNonMR View Post
Hello! Thank you so much for all the hard work on CC! It's one of my most used apps.

I would like to request, if possible, some kind of dark or night theme. I very frequently use this app in the evenings and the stark white background can be harsh on the eyes. A dark theme would be much appreciated!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I would like to second this.

If the book list screen and the book detail screen had an option for white text and a black background, that would do it for me.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278723
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:40 PM   #454
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I think we have discussed this before, but I have a subset of an old suggestion for an update to a widget that might be less effort for you.

I use the CC Book Grid widget, but its shows last book opened (which is nice), not last book accessed (which is what I would prefer). If you limited the maximum number of books in the grid to perhaps 10, you could just keep track of the last ten books of the chosen sort, and then you could offer more sorts in the widgets.

Thoughts?
This would require doing a lot under the hood such as maintaining lists for each sort type, building the UI to select the sort type, and the like. I don't think I want to go there.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #455
kaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This would require doing a lot under the hood such as maintaining lists for each sort type, building the UI to select the sort type, and the like. I don't think I want to go there.
Fair enough. Thanks anyhow.
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 01:43 PM   #456
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
Thank you!!!
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #457
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Please accommodate PowerPoint and Excel files
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:25 AM   #458
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Please accommodate PowerPoint and Excel files
OK, but we make no guarantees that CC will be able to launch the apps that support these file types. They must "advertise" their support.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:19 AM   #459
jjh76
jjh76 began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch with glowlight, nook galaxy tab a
Would it be possible to have the book list automatically collect books into folders based on metadata? For instance, if I have set to grid view, instead of having all 15-20 books of a series taking up space on the main book shelf, have a single cover image that would open up a secondary shelf containing only the books from that series.

I know you can already sorta do this, but I would like to have something that can do it from the main book list without having to go through the multiple levels of selection in the grouping menu.

Last edited by jjh76; 12-11-2016 at 01:25 AM.
jjh76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:36 AM   #460
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh76 View Post
I know you can already sorta do this, but I would like to have something that can do it from the main book list without having to go through the multiple levels of selection in the grouping menu.
Not exactly what you are requesting, but you can avoid the grouping menu by clicking on any book in a series from the book list bringing up the book details page. Now click on the Series link and it will show just that series in the book list.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:26 AM   #461
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh76 View Post
Would it be possible to have the book list automatically collect books into folders based on metadata? For instance, if I have set to grid view, instead of having all 15-20 books of a series taking up space on the main book shelf, have a single cover image that would open up a secondary shelf containing only the books from that series.

I think you are asking that the grouping drawer be shown as some kind of grid, or perhaps for an interface similar to the content server and cloud connections where the categories are presented as a tree. Both would require massive changes in CC. Even worse would be some rule-based scheme to determine what is shown directly vs collapsed. So this one is a "no".

DoctorOhh's suggestion gives a way to navigate from a book to "similar" books, where "similar" is defined by sharing metadata. Tapping a link in book details also selects that metadata item in the grouping drawer.

If your device is large enough you could force the grouping drawer to remain open, simplifying navigation somewhat.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #462
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
I am using CC on eInk devices.
Is it possible, when marking eInk in setup, that no sliding is shown, that the picture jumps.
EG - when grouping, or marking a book when they are shown on right side.
On eInk devices this moving of the books (sliding) looks very bad

Last edited by ottischwenk; 01-01-2017 at 03:36 PM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #463
maravic
maravic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Is there a chance to add second row in CC grid widget?

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI VNS-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka
maravic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #464
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I am using CC on eInk devices.
Is it possible, when marking eInk in setup, that no sliding is shown, that the picture jumps.
EG - when grouping, or marking a book when they are shown on right side.
On eInk devices this moving of the books (sliding) looks very bad
If you are talking about opening the grouping drawer then no, changing this is way too hard.

If you are talking about animating the cover when opening book details then yes, there is an option to turn that off (Settings / Book details / Animate covers).

If you are talking about scrolling the book list/cover grid then you can turn on paging buttons in Settings / Customize the book list / Show paging buttons.

Last edited by chaley; 01-02-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:14 AM   #465
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maravic View Post
Is there a chance to add second row in CC grid widget?

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI VNS-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka
I don't understand. The book cover grid displays as many rows that will fit on the device. For example, the attachment shows 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	153912