Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Sudoku for PRS-600 (+PRS-900!)

I'm new here. Hello!

I don't know if anyone has done this before, but I felt it was begging to be done. Being that there is sudoku on the PRS-500/505, I thought it would be nice to have for the PRS-600. (And, it works on the 900 too!)

How to:
  1. Download the files, copy them to your device.
  2. Open the file on your device, navigate to the puzzle you want.
  3. Options > Create/Edit Notes
  4. Take out the stylus and fill it in like it was paper!

I've included 4 difficulties. Easy, Medium, Hard, VeryHard. The files are generated from PDF files generated by this (free) service.

Each file has 48 puzzles, and solutions for the puzzles on the last 4 pages.
I hope you enjoy!

EDIT: The author field is filled in with the brains behind gnome-sudoku, and the true author of these files. Opensky is listed as the publisher, since Jason Hildebrand (opensky) is the brains behind the web-based generator.

EDIT2: Thanks Debi for showing me how they look on the PRS-900! I'm glad they work, and I'm sorry the font size is small for some people. If you can read a book with medium size font, the puzzles should be visible for you. Otherwise, you might want to put on some reading glasses!
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Easy.lrf (683.0 KB, 700 views)
File Type: lrf Medium.lrf (686.0 KB, 664 views)
File Type: lrf Hard.lrf (682.9 KB, 644 views)
File Type: lrf VHard.lrf (688.3 KB, 614 views)

Last edited by dorino; 06-14-2010 at 11:58 AM.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

For those wondering what it looks like on the PRS-600, here's the first of the 48 easy puzzles finished, on my device.

Don't hesitate to leave comments! ^_^
I'm also curious as to how these look on a prs-900, if anyone would care to leave a comment with a picture?

Last edited by dorino; 06-09-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Awesome. And all that without programming one line of code
I first thought this was the sudoku program from 505 ported to 600 until I read that the sudokus are made from pdfs.
So one could just scan the local paper's sudoku for on the go.

Great idea
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

You could scan any sudoku for it, yes. It's just a matter of getting the page to set up correctly. The PDFs were converted using this, with settings for portrait mode.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Well done! Thanks!
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #6
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
On the subject of PROGRAMMING,

Is anyone actually Programming for the PRS-600, I know they are for the 505,

But what about the 600 .... PLEASE ?
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
PRS+ is supposed to be ported to the 600 if you follow the PRS+ thread or the project webpage. I'm just not sure if it will be ported before I buy another reader.
I'm still looking to get a bigger screen. On the other side, if I buy another reader, I may keep the 600 for novels only (or at least for on the go reading).
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

And for sudoku, of course.

My main dream for the PRS-600 is that something will be ported to it allowing me to play interactive fiction games... That would be great. iPad app got me getting out my old infocom disks, lol.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
OMG!!!! I loved Zork.
I hadn't thought about those games in years.

I'm going to try the sudoku on my 900. Thanks so much for posting this.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

No problem, Debi. If there's any trouble with these, please tell me. I'll see if I can make a 900 version if need be.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #11
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got them onto my reader. They look great....however the numbers are too small.

Is there a way I can adjust the size of the numbers with Caliber or something else? I'd love to do the puzzles but I need the numbers to fill the box. Zoom was no help because I lost part of the puzzle and adjusting the font size didn't seem to work. Orientation also took away part of the puzzle.

Sorry to be difficult.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #12
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

Could you take a picture, Debi? I'll see if I can fix it.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
Debi
Connoisseur

Dorino,

I was going to post a picture, but now that I look at the picture in your post, I don't think I really need to.

I'm talking about the numbers that are already inserted into the puzzle. They are very small which makes them difficult to see. If the puzzle is a pdf then I'm guessing that the font can't be adjusted. The width of the puzzle is the same as the 600. There's more blank space at the bottom on the 900. I've attached a really bad picture so you can see how it looks. I hope this helps.

I have loaded all four levels on my reader and will use a magnifying glass if I really feel the need to work a puzzle. I am very glad to have the puzzles.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2778.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	855.2 KB
ID:	53325  
Old 06-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

Yes, sorry. That's normal looking to me

I read a lot of very small print things on my reader, so I didn't think it was that small. I hope you have fun! It's pretty big as is, considering the puzzle fills the page.

The reason the font size isn't increasable is that the pages are images. When I converted it to anything else I kept losing the tables, so I simply preserved them by making the pages images before-hand.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #15
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

Could anyone reccomend other pen-and-paper games they think would work well on the PRS-600?

Crosswords are very difficult to find, so those are out unfortunately.

Tags
game, lrf, prs-600, sudoku