Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #31
Gtrcoop
Gtrcoop began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I had a chance to check out the new "Collections" offered in the most recent iPad OS update. I think it's great that you're able to add folders for your authors and then select those books to include in that new bookshelf; however, if I create several "new" bookshelves for the authors, what happens to my collection of "Books?" Does that mean that when I open iBook, there will be a blank bookshelf? Will I have to select the "Collections" button and see the list of hundreds of authors?

The reason I ask is that I have around 600 books. I created a "Agatha Christie" bookshelf and added all of the books I had from her (between 20 and 30). After doing this, I went back to my main "Collection" and noticed there was nothing shown in my main "Bookshelf" showing anything related to Agatha Christie. I would at least like to see some kind of folder in my main bookshelf that says "Agatha Christie." Then I can select that folder and it will then open up my "Agatha Christie" bookshelf with my 30 books.

The way it currently stands, I open iBook, click "Collections" and I see "Books," "PDFs" (because I have some PDFs loaded - magazines, etc.), and "Agatha Christie."

Is there not a way to have what I call a "main library" and within that library's shelves you have a folder with various authors and then have the ability to select that author and then go to all of there works?

I'm not trying to be picky, but I'd rather not open up iBook to empty bookshelves only to have to select the "Collections" button and see a very long list of authors. I guess it's more of a visual thing for me seeing the thumbnails of the covers.
Gtrcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #32
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtrcoop View Post
I'm not trying to be picky, but I'd rather not open up iBook to empty bookshelves only to have to select the "Collections" button and see a very long list of authors. I guess it's more of a visual thing for me seeing the thumbnails of the covers.
You don't have t move all your books from the original bookshelf. Perhaps you could leave your current "reads" or next up "reads" on the original shelf.
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert