Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
pizda
Enthusiast
pizda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
How to setup US iTunes account from EU?

I would like to buy/download few apps from iTunes, unfortunately they do not sell it to my account. I have tried to setup US account, but somehow they did not let me without US credit card - do you know how to overcome this?
pizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Get someone to buy you a gift card from a bank. They'll probably also check your IP, so you'll need a (trusted) proxy or a VPN.

You could also jailbreak and see if it's on Cydia.
Mirrorlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #3
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Nobody at Apple cares about your ip.

All you need to make an account is a US gift card. It's maybe advisable to get a email address that is hosted in the states but in that case Google is your friend :-)

They also will ask you for a valid US address when you open the account so be prepared.

When generating the account don't choose to enter a credit card. Instead redeem the credit on your gift card.

After that you can start spending your money.
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
pizda
Enthusiast
pizda began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, iPad
Do you think, that I can register US account having gift card code? Well than I will buy one and try I have my web server in California - I proxy from there when I need so the IP is no issue for me.
pizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Do you think, that I can register US account having gift card code
This is exactly what I did.
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert