Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #46
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Yeah, agree.
More RAM would be great too; I think it's time to move away from 512mb...
Yeah, definitely need more RAM.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 02:09 PM   #47
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A cover is not just for protection. A cover also makes the Reader easier to hold and you sleep/wake by closing/opening the cover.
That's your opinion. The Forma is a joy (and preferable) to hold without a cover. It's near weightless.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2021, 02:15 PM   #48
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
A cover is not just for protection. A cover also makes the Reader easier to hold and you sleep/wake by closing/opening the cover.
No, it doesn't. And no I don't.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
Yeah, agree.
More RAM would be great too; I think it's time to move away from 512mb...
I'm all for more working memory. Let's got for 4GB.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:24 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
No, it doesn't. And no I don't.
Yes it does. Even if you don't.

And yes, the sleep/wake feature is very useful. When your power button is worn out, you'll wish you had a cover.
Advert
Old 03-17-2021, 05:21 PM   #51
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I would like Kobo to use a faster CPU
Quote:
I'm all for more working memory. Let's got for 4GB.
You forgot to add a big battery to your Wishlist, since a faster processor and more memory will require more power ...
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:43 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
You forgot to add a big battery to your Wishlist, since a faster processor and more memory will require more power ...
Yes, a higher capacity battery would be good. at least 2000mAh would be good. But larger would be even better.
Old 03-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #53
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Yes it does. Even if you don't.

And yes, the sleep/wake feature is very useful. When your power button is worn out, you'll wish you had a cover.

Out of many readers, I have yet to wear out a power button.

How ridiculous can you get.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:39 PM   #54
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
That's your opinion. The Forma is a joy (and preferable) to hold without a cover. It's near weightless.
I feel the same way about my Libra. I have a sleep cover and use it I am going somewhere with my Libra that might increase the chance of dropping it, but since I work from home, I see no reason to effectively double the weight of my reader for no added gain. Although I now realise that perhaps my stumpy fingers were actually long and slender, but got worn to stubs by all that pressing of the power button.

Last edited by Uncle Robin; 03-17-2021 at 08:45 PM.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:10 PM   #55
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post

[B]3. Cloud backup even for side-loaded books

That and USB-C.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:49 AM   #56
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
That and USB-C.
Now you've done it. Jon hates these more than no cover on an ereader.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 02:58 AM   #57
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Quote:
[...]And a charger-cable plug that doesn't require perfect coordination and eyesight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Your last suggestion is a pipe dream, though. Haha Don’t mention wanting a USB-C jack on your Kobo. It’ll start a new USB interface flame war here. 😅 (Secretly, I completely agree with you. I dislike miniUSB)
Oh yes, there's a Reason I didn't specify WHAT that plug should be.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:05 AM   #58
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Of the original 3 options, I would go for cloud back up of sideloaded books, then colour e-ink.

I would also like the ability to search the text of all the books on the device. I know this requires indexing and hence processing power, but I do miss this Kindle feature.

After that, more in the nature of software updates, predictive text on the virtual keyboard.

Being able to adjust sideloaded fonts for weight would also be welcome.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:53 AM   #59
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
Of the original 3 options, I would go for cloud back up of sideloaded books, then colour e-ink.

I would also like the ability to search the text of all the books on the device. I know this requires indexing and hence processing power, but I do miss this Kindle feature.

After that, more in the nature of software updates, predictive text on the virtual keyboard.

Being able to adjust sideloaded fonts for weight would also be welcome.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get my ElasticSearch running again - the PowerSearch plugin for Calibre is a good "next-best thing" for full library searches on my Kobo. DEFINITELY another vote for predictive text on the virtual keyboard. The ability to adjust sideloaded fonts for weight would be handy, but since it's only a couple of minutes work to enable this with the current Kobopatch, it's not critical for me.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:36 AM   #60
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
An add-on system with add-ons either downloadable from the Kobo Store or side loadable.

Some use cases that I can think of are extra dictionaries and more search/lookup connectors.
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote