Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-24-2023, 07:47 PM   #1066
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
NV Are you sure on exit Edit mode

If I edit a note and Exit I'd like to get an "R U Sure" message.

I stumbled into an https URL that had a space (%20) in it, when I clicked on it in NV it truncated the address. It was OK elsewhere, so I tried replacing the space with an '_'… which worked. Now I can't find the place from where I copied the URL… it was a LinkedIn page.

Any chance of this happening ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1062, if not I'll take a different tack.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:24 PM   #1067
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If I edit a note and Exit I'd like to get an "R U Sure" message.

I stumbled into an https URL that had a space (%20) in it, when I clicked on it in NV it truncated the address. It was OK elsewhere, so I tried replacing the space with an '_'… which worked. Now I can't find the place from where I copied the URL… it was a LinkedIn page.

Any chance of this happening ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1062, if not I'll take a different tack.

BR
Yes to both; within a week. However, I need clarification on the Per Library tweak for author link.

Calibre supports these:

#~ (_('Search for the author on Goodreads'), 'search-goodreads'),
#~ (_('Search for the author on Amazon'), 'search-amzn'),
#~ (_('Search for the author in your calibre library'), 'search-calibre'),
#~ (_('Search for the author on Wikipedia'), 'search-wikipedia'),
#~ (_('Search for the author on Google Books'), 'search-google'),
#~ (_('Search for the book on Goodreads'), 'search-goodreads-book'),
#~ (_('Search for the book on Amazon'), 'search-amzn-book'),
#~ (_('Search for the book on Google Books'), 'search-google-book'),
#~ (_('Use a custom search URL'), 'url'),

Are you personally asking just for a custom search URL Per Library, or any of the above choices by Library?

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2023, 11:51 PM   #1068
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was thinking of a custom search that would override what was in Prefs->L&F->BD->Clicking on…

Similar to Tweak for Per-Library: 'Save-To Template':.

BR
Old 04-25-2023, 03:32 AM   #1069
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

In View mode, press Ctrl+N to give the text-box focus, press Ctrl+A to select the text, then press Ctrl+C to copy it… strange things happen, if I have NV configured for 1 instance I get this error

Quote:
calibre, version 6.16.0
Notes Viewer: Customization only allows one (1) instance of Notes Viewer.<br><br>Refer to 'Options'.
If I have it configured for 2 instances, Freeze gets checked, another NV pops, and sometimes I get this error

Quote:
calibre, version 6.16.0
Notes Viewer: Last Used Book does not currently exist. Either you recently deleted it, or you are using a Virtual Library that does not contain it, or you did Library search, or you clicked a Virtual Library tab.
I haven't deleted any books, and the library in question doesn't have any VLs.

It is definitely the Ctrl+C keystroke that causes it, if I use the mouse right click menu to do the copy it's okay.

BR
Old 04-25-2023, 02:40 PM   #1070
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Test Version

Quote:
In View mode, press Ctrl+N to give the text-box focus, press Ctrl+A to select the text, then press Ctrl+C to copy it… strange things happen, if I have NV configured for 1 instance I get this error:
BR
I have changed the shortcut from Ctrl+C to Ctrl+Z.

I've also done the new JS Tweak you requested.

The NV "are you sure" question before abandoning edit is now active.

Attached below is the new test version.

If you have any problems, calibre-debug -g would be helpful.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_per_library_tweak_default_author_search.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	632.8 KB
ID:	201281  
Attached Files
File Type: zip job_spy_dev.zip (806.0 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-25-2023 at 03:28 PM.
Advert
Old 04-25-2023, 07:49 PM   #1071
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
I have changed the shortcut from Ctrl+C to Ctrl+Z.

I've also done the new JS Tweak you requested.

The NV "are you sure" question before abandoning edit is now active.

Attached below is the new test version.

If you have any problems, calibre-debug -g would be helpful.

DaltonST
The per library tweak is doing exactly what I wanted. The only issue I had was where to specify the library specific URL: in JS Configure or Plugin Tweaks->job_spy_default_author_link_by_library.

Actually I was looking for an R U sure on the Exit button not the Cancel button.

But, on reflection perhaps there only need be two buttons - one which saves the data and goes back to View mode (activated by a click or Ctrl+Enter) and a second (activated by a click or Escape) which goes back to View mode. It would mean NV must be exited from View Mode; but I'd prefer that, if I paste a URL into a note on Edit mode, I can test it in View.

Ctrl+Z does what Ctrl+C did yesterday - checks Freeze and pops a second NV - I'll do a test with calibre_debug and post the log shortly.

BR
Old 04-25-2023, 08:03 PM   #1072
DaltonST
Deviser

[1] The per library tweak is doing exactly what I wanted. The only issue I had was where to specify the library specific URL: in JS Configure or Plugin Tweaks->job_spy_default_author_link_by_library.

# The ToolTip itself or image I posted is required reading.

[2] Actually I was looking for an R U sure on the Exit button not the Cancel button.

But, on reflection perhaps there only need be two buttons - one which saves the data and goes back to View mode (activated by a click or Ctrl+Enter) and a second (activated by a click or Escape) which goes back to View mode. It would mean NV must be exited from View Mode; but I'd prefer that, if I paste a URL into a note on Edit mode, I can test it in View.

# NV must restart after any save regardless of text format. NV must restart after editing or canceling editing Markdown and HTML. These are not optional.

[3] Ctrl+Z does what Ctrl+C did yesterday - checks Freeze and pops a second NV - I'll do a test with calibre_debug and post the log shortly.

# Of course it does. It works exactly as designed. Read the ToolTip for the create new instance button.

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-25-2023 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 08:15 PM   #1073
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
The per library tweak is doing exactly what I wanted. The only issue I had was where to specify the library specific URL: in JS Configure or Plugin Tweaks->job_spy_default_author_link_by_library.
Actually, if the library specific URLs have to be in a plugin tweak, then I'm unsure the Default drop down list is needed.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-26 100421.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	201284

And I admit to not understanding why "Plug-in tweaks" even exist.

BR
Old 04-25-2023, 08:37 PM   #1074
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
[1] The per library tweak is doing exactly what I wanted. The only issue I had was where to specify the library specific URL: in JS Configure or Plugin Tweaks->job_spy_default_author_link_by_library.

# The ToolTip itself or image I posted is required reading.

[2] Actually I was looking for an R U sure on the Exit button not the Cancel button.

# NV must restart after any save regardless of text format. NV must restart after editing or canceling editing Markdown and HTML. These are not optional.

[3] Ctrl+Z does what Ctrl+C did yesterday - checks Freeze and pops a second NV - I'll do a test with calibre_debug and post the log shortly.

# Of course it does. It works exactly as designed. Read the ToolTip for the create new instance button.
But I don't want new NV instance, I just want to copy the selected text to the clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C.

Aaah now I see, you had Ctrl+C hooked to create a New Instance, which you've changed to Ctrl+Z. There is no mention of a shortcut in its tooltip:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-26 103115.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	201285

BR
Old 04-25-2023, 08:45 PM   #1075
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Actually, if the library specific URLs have to be in a plugin tweak, then I'm unsure the Default drop down list is needed.

Attachment 201284

And I admit to not understanding why "Plug-in tweaks" even exist.

BR

A user with a dozen libraries may want to override only 6. The other 6 default to the default. Zero difference from the other per-library tweaks. Read the JS Customizing ToolTips for this tweak. Calibre's customizing for this is now done by JS if this tweak is active. Just like any other tweak that has a 'default'.

DaltonST
Old 04-25-2023, 09:00 PM   #1076
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:

I get that, if I Save or Cancel it exits and restarts, but it should restart on the same column, not the default. And I still think Exit from Edit is unnecessary clutter.

BR
Old 04-26-2023, 12:25 AM   #1077
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
A user with a dozen libraries may want to override only 6. The other 6 default to the default. Zero difference from the other per-library tweaks. Read the JS Customizing ToolTips for this tweak. Calibre's customizing for this is now done by JS if this tweak is active. Just like any other tweak that has a 'default'.
Can you confirm the following:

If a JS per_library tweak overrides a Calibre tweak, such as author_sort_copy_method, then the Calibre tweak is the default.

Whereas, a JS per_library tweak that overrides a Calibre preference setting, such as default_author_link in gui.json, must also provide an overriding default.

BR
Old 04-26-2023, 10:50 AM   #1078
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.237 Per Library Tweak for 'Default Author Link'

Version 1.0.237 -2023-04-26 Per Library Tweak for 'Default Author Link', default_author_link. Notes Viewer: miscellany. Refer to the next post for images of the JS Customizing ToolTips for all similar JS GUI Tools.

DaltonST
Old 04-26-2023, 10:52 AM   #1079
DaltonST
Deviser

JS Customizing ToolTips for Per-Library Tweaks

See the attached images.

Carefully note that each of those shown has a "Default" input text line that becomes the de-facto Calibre Default value otherwise found in Calibre > Preferences > "Look & Feel" or " > elsewhere". If that is not what you wish, then simply deactivate these JS Tweaks.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_per_library_tweak_default_author_search.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	632.8 KB
ID:	201301   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-26 09_31_28-Customize Job Spy.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	540.5 KB
ID:	201302   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-26 09_31_18-Customize Job Spy.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	586.4 KB
ID:	201303   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-26 09_30_33-Customize Job Spy.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	580.0 KB
ID:	201304   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-26 09_30_07-Customize Job Spy.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	710.2 KB
ID:	201305  

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-26-2023 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-26-2023, 06:53 PM   #1080
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I fully appreciate it's not under your control, but having three widely dispersed inputs 1) prefs->l&f->bd, 2) JS+->configure, and 3) prefs->tweaks->plugin-tweaks, to specify what should happen when something is clicked is… 'unfortunate'

But the good news is, NV and the author click override has enabled me to straighten out the kinks and inconsistencies in my libraries that wouldn't have been otherwise done…

BR

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools