Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-20-2023, 08:31 PM   #1051
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
https:// urls with spaces i.e '%20' aren't working in beta 3, or in beta 2

BR
I'm not sure URL encoding ever worked in web links (http and https), very few of the web urls I have in LT columns need any encoding, just happened to stumble on one today.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:58 PM   #1052
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

book%20%5B30%5D decodes as: book [30]

Quote:
I'm not sure URL encoding ever worked in web links (http and https), very few of the web urls I have in LT columns need any encoding, just happened to stumble on one today.

BR

Your test data that I used:

#~ url = 'file:///X:%5CMyPluginsPy3%5C_ris_import_dir%5Cabstract.txt '
#~ url = "file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20%5B30%5D/"
#~ url = "file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20(30)"
#~ url = "file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%2030/"

example: book%20%5B30%5D decodes as: book [30]

That still works for files. I haven't touched that code since the first test version that had it. I will confirm the same is true for non-files.

NV handles these (the paste messed with the column/header alignment):

Code:
       #~ -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        #~ newline ........................    space        "         %         -           .           <         >         \             ^       _             `           {           |           }            ~
        #~ %0A or %0D or %0D%0A     %20     %22     %25     %2D     %2E     %3C     %3E     %5C     %5E     %5F     %60     %7B     %7C     %7D     %7E
        #~ -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        #~ !             #           $           &         '         (                )       *         +           ,           /             :           ;         =           ?         @        [                ]
        #~ %21     %23     %24     %26     %27     %28     %29     %2A     %2B     %2C     %2F     %3A     %3B     %3D     %3F     %40     %5B     %5D
DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2023, 10:12 PM   #1053
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta Test 4 Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Your test data that I used:

#~ url = 'file:///X:%5CMyPluginsPy3%5C_ris_import_dir%5Cabstract.txt '
#~ url = "file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20%5B30%5D/"
#~ url = "file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20(30)"
#~ url = "file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%2030/"

example: book%20%5B30%5D decodes as: book [30]

That still works for files. I haven't touched that code since the first test version that had it. I will confirm the same is true for non-files.

NV handles these (the paste messed with the column/header alignment):

Code:
        #~ newline ........................    space        "         %         -           .           <         >         \             ^       _             `           {           |           }            ~
        #~ %0A or %0D or %0D%0A     %20     %22     %25     %2D     %2E     %3C     %3E     %5C     %5E     %5F     %60     %7B     %7C     %7D     %7E
        #~ !             #           $           &         '         (                )       *         +           ,           /             :           ;         =           ?         @        [                ]
        #~ %21     %23     %24     %26     %27     %28     %29     %2A     %2B     %2C     %2F     %3A     %3B     %3D     %3F     %40     %5B     %5D
DaltonST

Okay, for https, there was a bug. Everything possible uses the url decoding logic now.

Beta #4 posted with the others: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=18

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-20-2023 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:19 PM   #1054
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

file:/// links with URL encoding are fine, I just checked a few.

It was an https:// URL with a space in the address, NV fired up Edge with a truncated address, calibre Book Details fired up Edge with the full address.

BR
Old 04-20-2023, 10:20 PM   #1055
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
file:/// links with URL encoding are fine, I just checked a few.

It was an https:// URL with a space in the address, NV fired up Edge with a truncated address, calibre Book Details fired up Edge with the full address.

BR

Yep. see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=18
Advert
Old 04-20-2023, 10:22 PM   #1056
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

We x-posted.

Quote:
Okay, for https, there was a bug. Everything possible uses the url decoding logic now.
Yep, all good

Another advantage of having two NV windows open is to copy and paste between them to achieve consistent styling.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-21-2023 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:01 AM   #1057
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.235 Minimum Calibre Version 6.15

Version 1.0.235 -2023-04-21 Notes Viewer: decode url encoding; multiple instances of Notes Viewer as a new option; Minimum Calibre Version 6.15.

Refer to the attached image that explains the new NV option for multiple instances.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_notes_viewer_muliple_child_instances.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	201157  

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-21-2023 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:26 PM   #1058
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

file:\\\ links to a folder aren't working:

Quote:
calibre, version 6.16.0
Notes Viewer: File or Directory in url does not exist in stated path: D:/Calibre/Libraries/Test/Anat Admati/The Bankers' New Clothes (159)/data/")
This is the HTML code:
Code:
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Test/Anat%20Admati/The%20Bankers'%20New%20Clothes%20(159)/data/"><span style="color: #9e7852">Attachments</span></a></p></div>
I'm sure they were working in a prior release.

BR
Old 04-21-2023, 07:27 PM   #1059
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
file:\\\ links to a folder aren't working:

This is the HTML code:
Code:
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Test/Anat%20Admati/The%20Bankers'%20New%20Clothes%20(159)/data/"><span style="color: #9e7852">Attachments</span></a></p></div>
I'm sure they were working in a prior release.

BR
You never gave me any test data with not only double-quotes, but also a lone single quote: Bankers' . If it had been url encoded as Bankers%27, it would have worked.

I really need you to run that example in calibre-debug -g and post the log. I cannot do it because I don't have any file paths even remotely like that. Using your log, I can determine exactly how to do what needs to be done. I get Python syntax errors even trying to hardcode a test url with that value without doing crazy things, and that isn't 'real-life' testing.

Thanks.

DaltonST
Old 04-21-2023, 07:44 PM   #1060
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

The HTML comes from NV Edit->Create Link->Browse tool.

The link works on the Book Details panel

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-22 093911.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	201163

I'll post the log in a few minutes.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-21-2023 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:57 PM   #1061
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Here you go.

My prior usage would have had simple path names: e.g.

Code:
D:\Calibre\Libraries\Test\!Attachments\[159] something simple
BR
Attached Files
File Type: txt debug.txt (4.3 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-21-2023 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:03 PM   #1062
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Change of topic : request for additional per-library tweak:

The Clicking on author names should: setting in Preferences->Look & Feel->Book Details.

BR
Old 04-21-2023, 11:04 PM   #1063
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Here you go.

My prior usage would have had simple path names: e.g.

Code:
D:\Calibre\Libraries\Test\!Attachments\[159] something simple
BR
I was just about to release the next version (without these last tweaks) when you posted your error.

Your file url error was caused by Qt creating QUrls differently based on whether there is a grammatical ' or not. If there is, it surrounds the url with double quotes. If there is not, which is what I had previously tested ad nauseam, it surrounds the url with single quotes. NV handled the latter case, but not the former, causing a bad path error in Windows. As I mentioned earlier, it was the Banker's single quote that broke it, because Qt used double quotes instead of single quotes.

Maybe you will find some really good new combinations that will be tested.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-22-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:46 PM   #1064
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Okay. See the testing .zip attached.

I was just about to release it (without these last tweaks) when you posted your error. The release notes were:
Notes Viewer: Search Results are converted from HTML and Markdown to Plain text before being "snipped" to less than 100 characters, including spaces. The removal of the markup tags makes sorting by Snippets useful.

Your file url error was caused by Qt creating QUrls differently based on whether there is a grammatical ' or not. If there is, it surrounds the url with double quotes. If there is not, which is what I had previously tested ad nauseam, it surrounds the url with single quotes. NV handled the latter case, but not the former, causing a bad path error in Windows. As I mentioned earlier, it was the Banker's single quote that broke it, because Qt used double quotes instead of single quotes.

Maybe you will find some really good new combinations that will be tested.
All good

I won't be looking for any new combinations, good or bad

BR
Old 04-22-2023, 08:00 AM   #1065
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.236 Notes Viewer: Search Results

Version 1.0.236 -2023-04-22 Notes Viewer: Search Results are converted from HTML and Markdown to Plain text before being "snipped" to less than 100 characters, including spaces. The removal of the markup tags makes sorting by Snippets useful.

Job Spy has certain other GUI Tools that now require minimum Calibre version 6.15.

DaltonST

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools