Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-13-2023, 07:02 PM   #1036
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Version 1.0.232

Ctrl+M isn't working, works from the context menu.

I seem to have lost the ability to use the up and down arrow keys to traverse the list of books satisfying the search criteria, I can move down one but that's it.

I think it's because the text box gets keyboard focus, maybe it would be better to leave it with the Selector bar… users can access the Note Text via the context menu… or by clicking in it.

That said, IMO the Search Selector bar is crying out for a direct method to give it keyboard focus, clicking it pops the results list. I suggest an option be added to the context menu, i.e. Set Keyboard Focus on the Search Selector Bar.

FWIW: it wouldn't bother me if the options in the context menu didn't have shortcuts, I can pop the context menu easy enough - I know I suggested Ctrl+M, but I don't think there was a context menu at the time ;-)

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 08:42 PM   #1037
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Small enhancement request: In Visualize Metadata, would it be possible to display the values in stars for rating-type columns? I'm having trouble converting the numbers in my head

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-13 21_40_47-.png
Views:	62
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	201026
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2023, 02:56 PM   #1038
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.233 Notes Viewer

Version 1.0.233 -2023-04-14 Notes Viewer:
  • Location of the current focus of the cursor has been improved. For light mode, the border is darker and the widget (except for the Note's text) background will change to white as long as it has the focus. For dark mode, the border changes to a light blue.
  • The context menu for the main window is now unique to it, as is the context menu for the search results list.
  • New shortcut for changing the cursor focus to the search results dropdown list: Cntrl+I. That action is now on the main window's context menu.
  • When an HTML note is being switched to, the focus will no longer jump automatically to the HTML text.
  • At startup, NV will focus on the search results dropdown with its initialized placeholder text of what will be there once you execute a search.
  • Tabbing has been streamlined.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 06:37 PM   #1039
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's all for me, it's finished

Thanks for all your work on this, it's enabled be to do some tidying up of my libraries that I've been putting off for far too long.

BR
Old 04-15-2023, 02:23 PM   #1040
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.234 Metadata GUI Tool 'Tag Scrubbing': technical change

Version 1.0.234 -2023-04-15 Metadata GUI Tool 'Tag Scrubbing': technical change.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 04-15-2023, 09:35 PM   #1041
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

NV doesn't like file:/// links with url encoded square brackets [ ]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-16 112311.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	201068

Code:
<div>
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20%5B30%5D/"><span style="color: #9e7852">book [30]</span></a></p>
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20(30)"><span style="color: #9e7852">book (30)</span></a></p>
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%2030/"><span style="color: #9e7852">book 30</span></a></p></div>
BR
Old 04-16-2023, 11:52 AM   #1042
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
NV doesn't like file:/// links with url encoded square brackets [ ]

Attachment 201068

Code:
<div>
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20%5B30%5D/"><span style="color: #9e7852">book [30]</span></a></p>
<p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%20(30)"><span style="color: #9e7852">book (30)</span></a></p>
 <p><a href="file:///D:/Calibre/Libraries/Default/!Attachments/book%2030/"><span style="color: #9e7852">book 30</span></a></p></div>
BR

(delete the test .zip; see post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=18

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-20-2023 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:08 PM   #1043
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Try the attached test version.
Good to Go

BR
Old 04-16-2023, 06:18 PM   #1044
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I was running debug mode trying to capture a spordaic error and noticed what seems to be JS's Tag Browser Icons tripping over some nested user-categories:

Code:
JS Tag Browser Icons Tool is running at Startup
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Fandoms       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Fic Exchanges & Collections       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Ratings       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Status       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Fandoms
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Fandoms.Video Games
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Ratings
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Status
Job Spy has finished initialization...
Is it harmless?

I have several icons on items in one of the categories, though obviously they only work on the original non-hierarchical column.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-16-2023 at 06:26 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 10:27 PM   #1045
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I was running debug mode trying to capture a spordaic error and noticed what seems to be JS's Tag Browser Icons tripping over some nested user-categories:

Code:
JS Tag Browser Icons Tool is running at Startup
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Fandoms       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Fic Exchanges & Collections       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Ratings       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
UNKNOWN ERROR:   value not in source_dict:  Status       ...likely a non-standard author-sort value for an is-names source...
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Fandoms
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Fandoms.Video Games
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Ratings
===>>>Skipping an entire category since index was NOT valid:  @Fanfiction.Status
Job Spy has finished initialization...
Is it harmless?

I have several icons on items in one of the categories, though obviously they only work on the original non-hierarchical column.

I wrote those DEBUG statements to document what is happening. If it were problematic, they would have said so.

DaltonST
Old 04-19-2023, 12:27 PM   #1046
DaltonST
Deviser

JS: Beta Test: New Option: Multiple Instances

See the attached beta test .zips, and an image to explain the new (optional) features.

Added: All .zip files deleted due to release of a new version.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 04-21-2023 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Beta4: More changes + https url decoding fix
Old 04-19-2023, 05:59 PM   #1047
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

I was wondering why you didn't release the previous beta - <wry smile>.

I don't think I need it, but I said that about having two instances of the Favorites PI

BR
Old 04-19-2023, 07:55 PM   #1048
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I was wondering why you didn't release the previous beta - <wry smile>.

I don't think I need it, but I said that about having two instances of the Favorites PI

BR
Wrong again

I can use it when linking 'books' in arbitrary relationships. Mark the books, show the marked books, and the edit the Links/#links columns in the books, e.g. Brave New World and The Tempest, Mary's Wollstonecraft and Shelley.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-20-2023 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:35 PM   #1049
DaltonST
Deviser

NV Beta 3 added to Post for NV Beta 2

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=23

DaltonST
Old 04-20-2023, 07:21 PM   #1050
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
https:// urls with spaces i.e '%20' aren't working in beta 3, or in beta 2

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-20-2023 at 07:46 PM.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools