Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-23-2019, 08:29 PM   #661
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Try this one on for size. I no longer have Prime (dropped it after BF because of slow shipping), so no more two-day deliveries for me. Anyway, I ordered some cat scratchers from Amazon late yesterday and chose super slow shipping to get a discount. Projected delivery time was nearly two weeks. Mind you, this is my first order since BF.

So far so good. Then a short time ago, I get a text from Amazon telling me that my order will be delivered on Monday.

...say what? Why couldn't I get fast delivery when I had Prime?

Moral of the story for monkey: Prime equals slow shipping, no Prime equals fast shipping. monkey's taking notes
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:12 AM   #662
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Maybe they had problems that have been straightened out since you dropped Prime. Although when I choose slow shipping for digital credits I usually get my packages within two or three days. Go figure.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 11:53 AM   #663
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Maybe they had problems that have been straightened out since you dropped Prime. Although when I choose slow shipping for digital credits I usually get my packages within two or three days. Go figure.
Apache
I also generally get items within a couple of days, even when I choose slow shipping. I think it depends on where items are shipped from--a lot of my items are shipped from a neighboring state.

What's this Amazon Day thing? I can't quite figure out the point of it, unless you're ordering stuff practically every day.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #664
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
If I read the instructions correctly, the Amazon Day deal is a permanent thing. If you say you want your order delivered on a Saturday, all of your orders will be delivered on a Saturday forever until you revoke your status.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #665
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I refuse to sign up for Prime. Usually, I am not in any rush and in many cases, the order arrived within days.
BUT
For the last few years Amazon (fulfilled) has been waiting to the last possible (to meet the latest of the target) moment to ship... even if it was from across the Bay. 7 Days. Same thing happened when I paid for 2 day (and it was then shipped from Newark Ca). I understand that the range allows flexible scheduling for work load.
Funny that most Amazon 'Store' suppliers ship within a day of the order, regardless of the date range.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #666
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got my package and it arrived with Prime tape sealing the box. So a late Friday order with super-slow shipping arrives in less than two days.

Me thinks Amazon's trying to sucker me into Prime again
Old 03-24-2019, 04:15 PM   #667
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Just got my package and it arrived with Prime tape sealing the box. So a late Friday order with super-slow shipping arrives in less than two days.

Me thinks Amazon's trying to sucker me into Prime again
All boxes arrive here with Prime tape. I think that is just an anti-tamper method.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #668
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
All boxes arrive here with Prime tape. I think that is just an anti-tamper method.
Thanks
Old 03-24-2019, 04:59 PM   #669
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
If I read the instructions correctly, the Amazon Day deal is a permanent thing. If you say you want your order delivered on a Saturday, all of your orders will be delivered on a Saturday forever until you revoke your status.
Not quite. For every order, I'm offered a bunch of shipping options: 1-day paid delivery, 2-day free Prime delivery, no-rush shipping, or my "Amazon Day" of Friday. My delivery option default is 2-day Prime, but I can easily choose any of the others. I also have the option on the checkout screen to change my Amazon Day to another day of the week.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #670
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
Not quite. For every order, I'm offered a bunch of shipping options: 1-day paid delivery, 2-day free Prime delivery, no-rush shipping, or my "Amazon Day" of Friday. My delivery option default is 2-day Prime, but I can easily choose any of the others. I also have the option on the checkout screen to change my Amazon Day to another day of the week.
Thanks, ElspethB!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:33 AM   #671
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was offered a discount on my purchase for choosing no-rush shipping--first time I've seen that option. It was a $20 item, and my discount was a whopping 61 cents, which works out to 3 percent.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #672
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I was offered a discount on my purchase for choosing no-rush shipping--first time I've seen that option. It was a $20 item, and my discount was a whopping 61 cents, which works out to 3 percent.
While not as nice as the old digital credits, I'd certainly take a 3% discount for no-rush shipping when I don't need something in a hurry.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #673
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
On my last order, I was offered a discount for slow shipping and I'm not even a Prime member. This shipping is even slower than non-Prime shipping for Prime members.

So, I took them up on the offer. I placed the order late Friday afternoon and was shocked when it was delivered less than two days later on Sunday. That was faster than the last Prime shipping order I placed while still a member.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:57 AM   #674
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
While not as nice as the old digital credits, I'd certainly take a 3% discount for no-rush shipping when I don't need something in a hurry.
I did take it. I hope to see more such discounts.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:42 PM   #675
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
While not as nice as the old digital credits...
This week I've ordered a cover for my new Clara and a new Bluetooth headset and was offered the $1 No Rush digital credit each time.

I ordered the case Wednesday and it's scheduled to arrive today. That's the same as what Prime Shipping was promising. Let's hope the Bluetooth arrives that quickly as well.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote