Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 06:23 AM   #601
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
An example of a recent order. My son borrowed my comb. Now, I really like my comb. It's a [URL="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002IZN2DC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]

It took five minutes, not half an hour traipsing around the shops, and was cheaper (with the free shipping and £1 credit) than I could have bought it anywhere.
Especially when you factor in gas and time.

Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #602
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Especially when you factor in gas and time.

Apache
Plus, in the U.S. at least, if you're a Prime member using an Amazon-branded card, you get 5 percent back as rewards points or a statement credit.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #603
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
An example of a recent order. My son borrowed my comb.
Wow, fatherly love really goes the distance, thought I, because, eww!

Quote:
Solution: Give him that one
Phew! Indeed. "Uh, yours now, fruit of my loins."
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #604
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Gee, I'm always buying from Amazon--I average about once a week. Most of it is inexpensive computer/electronics accessories, but also things like lamps, vacuums, kitchen appliances. I don't have a car, so online shopping with free shipping is a great convenience. Unfortunately, Amazon keeps offering me the useless pantry credit--there was one exception when they gave me the digital credit, but now they're back to the pantry.
Have you checked recently? I was offered the pantry credit for a long time and was offered the digital credit on my last order. I just checked and I am still offered the digital credit. I'm thinking I might need to buy something soon and take the digital credit before they think I don't want it and switch back to the pantry credit.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #605
Joseph J Bailey
Connoisseur
Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph J Bailey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone & iPad
These promos seem to go with what the Zon is trying to push with the $1 credit being the most frequent (and valuable imho).

I was pretty excited recently when I started getting credits for Prime Now. After earning $75 in credits, I was ready to redeem for a nice item only to find out that only $20 could be used on a single purchase.

I'm glad the $1 digital credits are back!
Joseph J Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #606
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I finally got a digital credit after being offered Pantry for months. Looked today, and it is back to Pantry again.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:09 PM   #607
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
After being offered only Pantry credits for over a year, I am now offered Lawn & Garden $5 credit. Still I wish it was digital credit. I'll probably buy some gardening gloves though. I don't know how they knew I needed a new pair ? Oh wait it's Amazon , never mind.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #608
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
They must have changed that right after my order this morning. I still got the digital credit at that time. I was able to buy 3 different ebooks for discount because I have been getting all on that shipping speed for the last few orders.
I don't really use the pantry or whatever else they usually offer. Digital, I can use.

Most of those orders oddly enough came just as fast as normal 2 day prime shipping. I think only one of them took 3 days.

Do we all get the same offers? Or does that change per person, or item one orders. I have seen the digital now for some time.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:14 AM   #609
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
They must have changed that right after my order this morning. I still got the digital credit at that time. I was able to buy 3 different ebooks for discount because I have been getting all on that shipping speed for the last few orders.
I don't really use the pantry or whatever else they usually offer. Digital, I can use.

Most of those orders oddly enough came just as fast as normal 2 day prime shipping. I think only one of them took 3 days.

Do we all get the same offers? Or does that change per person, or item one orders. I have seen the digital now for some time.
I don't think we all get the same offers. They must be randomly generated. I started with digital credits and used those to buy e books , then only Pantry credits. I left them unused to see if they would change, they stayed the same until they expired. Just yesterday I placed an order and saw Lawn & Patio $5 credit for the first time. So perhaps they change the credits if they see people not using what's offered. It took over a year for them to offer me something different. I also switched to 2 day shipping when I was just offered Pantry credits. Maybe they follow those who have credits and don't use them , then finally switch to something else. I would think they would try to give Prime Members more incentive not have to order 2 day shipping all the time. They might be trying to find out what people will use the credits for. Although I think it's random since I used digital credits and wasn't offered those those again. At least not yet. I'll use the Lawn & Patio credit and see what happens next time. Most likely they will offer it again since I used those credits. I wish we could check a credit box and pick which credits we want. I'll see what happens.

Last edited by Wearever; 09-07-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 02:13 AM   #610
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Kohl’s will now pack and ship your Amazon returns for free

Quote:
Kohl’s has announced (PDF) a partnership with Amazon where they will pack and ship your Amazon returns at no charge in select stores. The new return service will begin in October at 82 Kohl’s stores across Los Angeles and Chicago. The press release does not provide specifics on the process, but I presume customers will still need to initiate the return through Amazon first and their refund will still be given by Amazon and not by Kohl’s. Kohl’s will then accept the item, pack it in a box for you, and pay for the return postage, all at no cost to you. While Amazon offers free returns for select products they sell, where they pay for the return postage, this new program essentially makes all Amazon returns, even for items sold by 3rd-party sellers, free for customers. No word on when or if the program will be offered at Kohl’s other 1,000+ stores, so be sure to call ahead to see if your local store is offering the service before making the trip.
* bolding mine

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-20-2017 at 02:23 AM. Reason: added links
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #611
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Got offered a $5 credit for Blu Ray, DVDs... and choose it. Placed another order, and now I'm back to a $6 Pantry credit.

Longer story...

Placed an order for 2 CDs, and got the $5 DVD credit offer.
Placed an order for another CD, and got the $5 DVD credit offer.
Canceled the first order ( figured I might as well break up the order and get two $5 DVD credits), and it went back to the $6 Pantry credit.

On the plus side, I looked around a little and was able to get one of the CDs for less from Best Buy.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #612
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I ordered three paper books as a Christmas present for a friend. Was offered the pantry credit. Took the free shipping as I always do.

A $2 credit on digital books would have changed my mind. Amazon just doesn't seem to leverage their knowledge of their customers in any useful way when it comes to 'No Rush' shipping.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #613
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I ordered three paper books as a Christmas present for a friend. Was offered the pantry credit. Took the free shipping as I always do.

A $2 credit on digital books would have changed my mind. Amazon just doesn't seem to leverage their knowledge of their customers in any useful way when it comes to 'No Rush' shipping.
I think I've mentioned this in the past, but some may not have noticed. I have found that if Amazon offers the Pantry credit (or other useless no-rush shipping "incentives"), try going ahead and getting the credit. Once the credit is present in your account (i.e. item has shipped) just don't use it. I have found that once all of the credits for these "useless" items are in my account it goes back to offering $1 credits. $1 credits are the only ones that you can stack so they will offer those continuously. If you have the Pantry credit and don't use it, in my experience they don't continue to offer it.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #614
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I think I've mentioned this in the past, but some may not have noticed. I have found that if Amazon offers the Pantry credit (or other useless no-rush shipping "incentives"), try going ahead and getting the credit. Once the credit is present in your account (i.e. item has shipped) just don't use it. I have found that once all of the credits for these "useless" items are in my account it goes back to offering $1 credits. $1 credits are the only ones that you can stack so they will offer those continuously. If you have the Pantry credit and don't use it, in my experience they don't continue to offer it.
I did remember that and I thought about it when I ordered. Then I thought 'screw it. They should just fix their system.'
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #615
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I did remember that and I thought about it when I ordered. Then I thought 'screw it. They should just fix their system.'
I, too, wish Amazon would get a clue about what really motivates their customers to accept slower shipping. Wait - maybe they have figured it out (at least for me). They are getting off cheap.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote