Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 05:05 AM   #106
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficko View Post
Hi!

I do not want to be look like being pushy but like to know how the Aura HD Fi-Wi,USB adjusting is progressing? I have updated my Kobo firmware to 3.2.0 and do not wanna install Android if a new more workable release is coming out soon.
I finished the work on subquality in the Aura HD kernel. The WiFi, USB, frontlight and rotate tap zones work properly now. I'll publish the instructions on my blog during the one or two days.
angor00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:20 AM   #107
Ficko
Ficko began at the beginning.

Thanks, awesome!
Ficko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #108
CrazyReaderT9
CrazyReaderT9 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool, could you suggest me a nice mail client suitable for kobo aura hd?

I can't wait you next release When the wifi, usb and light problems will be fixed.. i will share my library with calibre. Really it's wonderful
CrazyReaderT9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #109
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
You can always convert them to epub with calibre...
These Japanese books are customerly displayed with vertically arranged characters. Calibre is not compatible with viewing texts vertically. There is a converter called "Aozoraepub3" Japanese texts can also be horizontally arranged. Normally technical books are formated in this way.

Quote:
Unfortunately I test them only on a Glo, so I can not answer.
If you have your card backed up, you can test it.
I don't think that the \system\usr\keylayout\mxckpd.kl needs to be replaced. This is for the Glo only.
I made the same mod to the working android single boot SD card for the Touch and tried the dual boot but failed. Has anyone succeeded to construct the dual boot system for the Touch?

Best Regards
Takikura
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #110
angor00
Enthusiast
angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'angor00 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
I finished the work on subquality in the Aura HD kernel. The WiFi, USB, frontlight and rotate tap zones work properly now. I'll publish the instructions on my blog during the one or two days.
Here is the instructions how to update the SD card with Android for the Aura HD. Or you can simply make a new card from this image.

Last edited by angor00; 03-01-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #111
Ficko

Hi "angor00"!

I am trying to download the image for a while now but without success.
First it told me to come back later being too many access to this file.
Now it just wont start the download from Chrom and gives error 403 from IE.

Any other place from to try ?

- Ok, the download is working now -

Last edited by Ficko; 03-01-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #112
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
Here is the instructions how to update the SD card with Android for the Aura HD. Or you can simply make a new card from this image.
Thanks!

How do I do to start Android once I have copied the image on the external sd? Do I have to put a patch for dual boot?
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #113
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by takikura View Post
By the way, I have not finished to make my Kobo Touch N905B to do the dual boot due to the same problem someone reported in this thread.
Can I use for this Kobo the same "Android System.dualboot.tar.bz2" and procedure you gave me for Glo the other day?
If you have time you can try this file...
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 Android.System.Touch.dualboot.tar.bz2 (754 Bytes, 256 views)
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #114
Ficko

Installed it (on Aura HD), nice. :-)

But all the settings are in Russian. Is there a way to "englitize" ?
Old 03-01-2014, 03:26 PM   #115
angor00
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficko View Post
Installed it (on Aura HD), nice. :-)

But all the settings are in Russian. Is there a way to "englitize" ?
In "Application" select "Настройки"(Settings)->"Язык и клавиатура"(Langeage & keyboard)-"Выбрать язык"(Select language)->English (United States)
Old 03-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #116
HeartWorm
HeartWorm began at the beginning.

Hello

This is my first reply but i watch this forum for 1 year.I bought a SanDisk ultra 32 gb micro sd hc 1 class 10 because i wanted to install android on my Kobo Aura HD N204B.I formatted the card and my kobo recognized the card.I followed Angor00 instructions but my card isn't recognized anymore.I don't know if this is normal but i can't install android.Can somebody confirm that this type of sd card won't work with Kobo?

Thanks
HeartWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #117
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartWorm View Post
I bought a SanDisk ultra 32 gb micro sd hc 1 class 10 because i wanted to install android on my Kobo Aura HD N204B.I formatted the card and my kobo recognized the card.I followed Angor00 instructions but my card isn't recognized anymore.I don't know if this is normal but i can't install android.
The "installation" of Android consists of re-creating the internal (or external for dual boot) SD card, from an image file.
You did that, and now your system is not booting in Android?
Or Nickel does not recognize the Android card?
I don't think that there is a problem with the card's model...

Last edited by embryo; 03-01-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #118
HeartWorm
HeartWorm began at the beginning.

My nickel does not recognize my android card...but i tried to start android by pressing the light button and slide the red one...for 1-3 seconds and the small led turned on...and then turned off...and nothing happend...

My nickel said "We couldn't recognize your micro sd card.Please format it to fat 32 and try again."
HeartWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:42 PM   #119
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
My nickel does not recognize my android card...but i tried to start android by pressing the light button and slide the red one...for 1-3 seconds and the small led turned on...and then turned off...and nothing happend...
My nickel said "We couldn't recognize your micro sd card.Please format it to fat 32 and try again."
These are two different problems.
One, I think, is about the Nickel's minor problems with some SD cards which are discussed here.

The other one, about Android booting, is the real one.
Did you use the proper image for the dual boot?
Check the OP.

I can't help you with AuraHD but there is at least one guy that used that image and it worked...
Old 03-02-2014, 01:00 AM   #120
sabryna131
sabryna131 began at the beginning.

Device: nook stgl, nook hd+,pw1,pw2,kv,nookhd,aurahd,nook tab4
Quote:
Hello

This is my first reply but i watch this forum for 1 year.I bought a SanDisk ultra 32 gb micro sd hc 1 class 10 because i wanted to install android on my Kobo Aura HD N204B.I formatted the card and my kobo recognized the card.I followed Angor00 instructions but my card isn't recognized anymore.I don't know if this is normal but i can't install android.Can somebody confirm that this type of sd card won't work with Kobo?

Thanks
I actually had the same thing happen to me and I finally got it to boot into android after burning the image to my sd card and making sure that I left at least thirty mb of unallocated space at the begining when I elarged the partition to use more space on the sd card. I had forgotten that I had to do this with the prior version also.
sabryna131 is offline   Reply With Quote