Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
willaful
Connoisseur
willaful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Question Voyage not accessing my Kindle library

I have a Kindle Voyage and a Basic (no touchscreen). I switch between them frequently, so keep wifi on.

I've had the Basic set as my default device, because it's much easier to download a book onto my Voyage if I want it there than to download it to the Basic. So all books goes automatically to the Basic, and then if I want it on my Voyage, I go to the "ALL" section on the device, which holds my completely library, and download it from there.

However, in the last few days, the Voyage has stopped showing my entire library. Not only does it not show books I recently purchased or borrowed from the library, but it also continues to show books I've deleted from my account. (I borrow a lot of library books, so clean it out my account regularly, so they don't keep showing up under ALL.)

Even if I search on the Voyage for a book I've recently purchased, it doesn't show up. I would think this was a wifi issue, but if I log into my account on my computer, I can find the book and send it to the Voyage. And I'm not having any trouble synching the devices otherwise.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? I'm hoping I just accidentally switched a setting that can be switched back.

Last edited by willaful; 08-14-2016 at 08:40 PM.
willaful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Is your Voyage still registered?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
willaful
Connoisseur

Well, of course I wrote all that before I thought to just restart the darned thing. It seems fine now. Sorry, I tried to delete the message but could not find a delete key.
Old 08-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #4
willaful
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Is your Voyage still registered?
I don't think I could send books to it if it wasn't...
Old 08-15-2016, 02:01 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by willaful View Post
Well, of course I wrote all that before I thought to just restart the darned thing. It seems fine now. Sorry, I tried to delete the message but could not find a delete key.
That was going to be my suggestion!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by willaful View Post

You don't want to delete your message, as it and your solution may be helpful to another new member.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:53 AM   #7
dstinson
"But it's a dry heat!"
dstinson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20 , Kindle Voyage
Interesting, because I came home from work tonight and my wife said her PW is not acting right. Normally she will remove the books she finishes reading from "downloaded" to "all", and the kindle gives the option of remove from device or delete book. Now she can only delete her books which, believe it or not, deletes the book! No option to just remove from device. Seems very similar to Willaful's problems?
dstinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:37 AM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinson View Post
Interesting, because I came home from work tonight and my wife said her PW is not acting right. Normally she will remove the books she finishes reading from "downloaded" to "all", and the kindle gives the option of remove from device or delete book. Now she can only delete her books which, believe it or not, deletes the book! No option to just remove from device. Seems very similar to Willaful's problems?
Books that have been side-loaded will only show the delete option. Could she have side-loaded some books (as opposed to downloading them from her Amazon account)?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Books that have been side-loaded will only show the delete option. Could she have side-loaded some books (as opposed to downloading them from her Amazon account)?
I've had a number of books lately, tell me "this is sideloaded and won't be synced on other devices" when I move a book into a collection. And they are *definitely* amazon books, not sideloaded at all.

And yeah, I notices that it asked for a confirmation when I "deleted" it; and there was no "remove from device" option, which I expected. Edit: however, the book still shows up at Amazon under "Manage Content and Devices", so I guess it didn't go away permanently.

I think Amazon is doing something screwy!

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 08-18-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I've had a number of books lately, tell me "this is sideloaded and won't be synced on other devices" when I move a book into a collection. And they are *definitely* amazon books, not sideloaded at all.

And yeah, I notices that it asked for a confirmation when I "deleted" it; and there was no "remove from device" option, which I expected.

I think Amazon is doing something screwy!
Apparently there is also a glitch with covers.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:40 PM   #11
dstinson
"But it's a dry heat!"

No. She knows nothing about side loading. Must be a glitch?
Old 08-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstinson View Post
Now she can only delete her books which, believe it or not, deletes the book!
Does it actually remove the book from her account? I just checked on one book which I know this happened for; and it *was* still there in my "Contents and Devices" page on Amazon. So it did not do a complete delete for me; merely a "remove from device" as I actually wished to do.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:24 PM   #13
dstinson
"But it's a dry heat!"

Yes, you're correct. It's still on account page, just completely gone from "cloud"
Old 08-18-2016, 05:38 PM   #14
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Oh! I didn't realize there was a difference! I thought the account page *was* the cloud.?? Confused now.

But still .... this behavior is weird too.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:46 PM   #15
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have had this happen a few times now. Getting the delete the book, instead of delete from device. These are all amazon books, some via library but still through amazon. Once in a while I get the popup on such books that its not going to get synced. All amazon books. A few times now I didn't even see the books in the cloud view on my Oasis, when they should be there of course. IN those cases I hit the sync button and they appeared.

In case of the non synced message or delete the book issue, I delete the book and then redownload back onto my device and then it says delete from device again as it should be.

Seems some glitching going on.

Haven't had any books go away though from my cloud/my account. At least I don't think so.

I don't even want that option on my kindle, the option to permanently deleting books. I don't want to be at the mercy of a touch screen for such important things.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote