Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Changing a book's cover.

I wanted to change a book's cover so according to the instructions I highlighted the book and clicked "Edit metadata" I then "Browse(d)" to the new cover which I had saved as a .jpg file @600x800 size. It seemed to work using Calibre as my reader, but when I sideloaded it to my Kindle (Paperwhite) the "old" original cover still shows. I had completely removed the original files from the Paperwhite first. Any ideas?

Last edited by nypaulie; 05-29-2015 at 08:37 AM.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Try to use the "Polish Book"-function, and enable the "Update Cover" option. Then try sideloading again.

Calibre does everything inside its database only, without touching the books. Metadata, and thus, cover updates, are only written to the book if you either use Polish Books (updates books in the database), or use Save to Disk (writes books into a folder on the hard disk, and then updates those copies).
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
SOLVED: Changing a book's cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Try to use the "Polish Book"-function, and enable the "Update Cover" option. Then try sideloading again.

Calibre does everything inside its database only, without touching the books. Metadata, and thus, cover updates, are only written to the book if you either use Polish Books (updates books in the database), or use Save to Disk (writes books into a folder on the hard disk, and then updates those copies).
Thanks a million! I used the "Save to Disk" option and replaced my Kindle file with the exported-from-Calibre file with total success. Great help my friend.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Glad to help. Happy reading
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote