Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2018, 12:18 AM   #1
kcladyz
Lover of little parrots
kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcladyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 7", Paperwhite, iPad 9.7, ASUS 8, Fire & and 8 inch
Have you had this problem when trying to get credit?

I made a dispute in December and I do recognize the account now but ever sense I get message " can not confirm Identity" when trying to get credit or a credit line increase. The creditors can not elaborate on the cause. I called on eof the credit bureaus and they see nothing wrong on their end. I have no fraud alerts or anything. Anyone here have experience with this?
kcladyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Need a bit more information:

What did you "make a dispute" on? Was it a charge on your credit card? A transaction in your savings or checking account?

What do you mean by "recognize the account"?

Who is sending you a message about confirming your identity? Are you trying to request a credit line increase or new charge card online or in an app?

A creditor is someone you owe money to....so maybe that would fit for a credit increase request on an existing credit card. Do you mean more generally the company you're asking to give you new or higher credit?

Making an educated guess without knowing all the details, if you disputed a charge a couple months ago and have since been putting in multiple requests for credit/credit increases, the lending companies may see that on your credit report and view it as risky behavior. Someone could have stolen your identify/account info and is now trying to take out a loan/increase a charge card limit to steal more from you.

Too many "inquiries" (requests for new credit will usually involve an inquiry to the credit bureaus) will decrease your credit score all by itself. But if there's enough "risky looking" activity on your credit report, you *might* be getting the "cannot confirm identity" message if you apply online because they're not sure you are really you.

You might want to try applying in person at your bank (assuming you're trying to increase your credit balance, for example).

I was reading something recently and just can't find the link - it's driving me crazy! - about a new app or maybe a new online feature that might require a physical letter confirming the requester's address/identity before being able to install/sign up. If I can remember where I read it, I'll pass on the info. I remember thinking when I read it that it seemed like something a that would happen to a LOT of people (e.g., not just people with fraud alerts), but I just can't remember the context.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote