Notices

Old 08-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #151
fonix232
Enthusiast
fonix232 doesn't litterfonix232 doesn't litter

Device: KOA4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOV View Post
In the firmware the MTP mode is not working correctly with the SD card, otherwise you'll have to work with SD cards via ADB interface, but it is slow.
Weird. On my Onyx C67ML, MTP works fine. However I can't enable it on the Boyue T61C firmware (purchased a Wayteq xBook 60FL, which is apparently a T61, model C).

I for one prefer the Boyue firmware. It is lighter than Onyx's, screwed up version of Android (the black top bar annoys me to hell!), the default reader app works better (I know it is a modified FBReader on both, but Onyx screwed it up in a major way), and all in all, it is just preferable.

MTP should work nonetheless - it is mainly a kernel feature, so highly likely that the issue itself is due to the kernel used. AFAIK neither Boyue nor Onyx released their kernel sources, but I might be wrong.

Best would be, however, if there was an Android flavor for E-ink. It wouldn't be much, I mean, basic Android framework with lighter graphics (greyscale PNGs, etc.), and lots of apps that cannot be used, removed (e.g. contacts, phone, etc.). It would be a huge task to add such an option to Android itself, but then maybe e-book manufacturers would pick those changes up and use them instead of their screwed up rush-jobs.

Any way, nice work on Gonyx. If MTP can be fixed, I'm pretty sure the unified layout will work.
fonix232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #152
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2016, 10:34 AM   #153
ph0ton
ph0ton began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Unhappy

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with the latest stock firmware for the boyue T62+? I can't get xposed installer working, it crashes on any selection in the main menu.

Thanks!
ph0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #154
xelona
xelona began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook onyx
Hi,

Sorry for the dumb question, but how should I install T61D_175rc1_Gonyx_S6mD1g ROM? Putting Update.img in the root of /sdcard doesn't work, neither does TWRP recognize the file. If I should proceed with RKtool, is it possible to verify parittion tables before flashing?

My device is Inkbook Onyx.

EDIT: Now I am using Gonyx-T61D-150929-Standart image For_Recovery_&_PC

x.

Last edited by xelona; 08-29-2016 at 03:45 PM.
xelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #155
xelona

OK figured it out (under linux mostly)

1. unpack update.img e.g. using imgrepackerRK from xda-developers, linux version didn't work, used windows one under wine
2. system image is too big, some things need to be removed, so:
mount -o loop,rw /path/to/system.img /mnt
remove what is unnecessary (i did /adobe and some apps)
check with df -h that used space is under 512M or remove more
umount /mnt

now that there is space enough reformat image:
e2fsck -f ./system.img
resize2fs -M ./system.img

3. push system image to sdcard, perhaps with adb:
adb push system.img /sdcard/

4. reboot into recovery (TWRP) and flash:
flash_image system /sdcard/system.img

then reboot into system.

Play store does not work however, at least on inkbook onyx.

Last edited by xelona; 09-02-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Advert
Old 09-07-2016, 04:29 PM   #156
Trel
Connoisseur
Trel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 3
Which of these (if any) are safe to install on an Inkbook Obsidian, and do any of them provide a benefit over the default firmware for that model?
Trel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #157
xelona

I installed mainly because AlReader on default Inkbook Onyx sucks (it can't manage backlight properly and cannot hide the system bar unless in "true full screen" where taps don't work). Firmware of Inkbook Onyx and Obsidian looks similar so if you are also bothered by this, you might choose to install.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:01 AM   #158
mercapto
mercapto began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Help with Boyue T62+

I just got my Boyue T62 device and by first looks I love it. The problem is in 2 hours of first use it has restarted over 300 times. Pretty much anything I do the device gets stuck at 3 touch and restarts.
I want it to just work fine. Install moonreader and pocket app. Thats it. Iam confused. It isn't stable at all. even when reading books through stock app it restarts after 4 pages.
mercapto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:47 AM   #159
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
I have the inkBOOK Obsidian. I left it alone. While they might not be "fashionable" there are a couple of serif and san serif fonts to choose from.

You can tell inkBOOK to use either Adobe or FB2 which I think came with it. The other readers are in the app store. I tried some, and dislike having shelves. But they do work.

It looks like I will have to flush the memory after reading over 10 books. It is slow.

There is no connection for phone, etc. Your wifi is either on or off, and no complaints from the app store (included) or inkBOOK itself.

I have no objections to rooting, I've rooted phones, but only to get rid of most of Google's junk. The inkBOOK has no Google. I can get books from places like Baen with no problem. Best of all, inkBOOK leaves the SD card alone!
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #160
xelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercapto View Post
I just got my Boyue T62 device and by first looks I love it. The problem is in 2 hours of first use it has restarted over 300 times.
Most probably you just got a faulty unit. If you bought it new, the best way forward is probably to return it and get replacement one.
Old 11-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #161
4ezahernya
4ezahernya began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercapto View Post
I just got my Boyue T62 device and by first looks I love it. The problem is in 2 hours of first use it has restarted over 300 times. Pretty much anything I do the device gets stuck at 3 touch and restarts.
I want it to just work fine. Install moonreader and pocket app. Thats it. Iam confused. It isn't stable at all. even when reading books through stock app it restarts after 4 pages.
Is a SDcard installed? Have you tried to run without it? I've met the same problem before and changing external card helped.
4ezahernya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:45 AM   #162
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I ordered a Boyue T63 from Banggood, but what I received was a T62E. Has anyone here seen a T62E? It looks very much like the T62+. I'm trying to decide if I want to send it back, or keep it and ask Banggood to refund me the difference in price between the T62 and the T63. But my question here is whether any of FOV's ROMs will work on the T62E. FOV, if you need me to send you anything so you can check it out, let me know. Thanks.

Edit: I found that FOV has firmware for the T62E posted on his Google Drive page. How recent is that one? Thanks.

Last edited by downeaster59; 11-06-2016 at 05:57 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:58 PM   #163
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Looks like I'll be sending this T62E back to Banggood after all. It has started giving me troubles. First of all, the books feature wouldn't show the books in my internal storage, and then would simply be scanning whenever i went in. The device wouldn't always mount internal storage, let alone the external sd card. I tried a factory reset. The device seemed fine at first, but then the same problems began again. The latest thing was that my device has started doing bootloops and freezes. I can't even use it now, nor can adb "see" it. I have turned it off and contacted Banggood. If anyone has any ideas as to how my T62E could be salvaged, I'll be grateful. I still have my Onyx Boox C67 which is working well.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #164
IvanIvov
IvanIvov began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T61
How to check boyue t61 revision?
IvanIvov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 AM   #165
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
@FOV -- can you please repackage/reupload T63_161104_full.7z?

I've tried downloading it twice and unpacking in macos, ubuntu and windows -- looks like the 7z file is corrupted.

Thanks!
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote