Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 02:51 AM   #46
Driaz
Next Big Nothing
Driaz began at the beginning.

Device: nook, nook color(rooted)
Success going from 1.0.1 autonootered (not the latest version, I rooted a couple days before the last release) to 1.1.0 via this method. I have not had any issues at all. I think those that have had problems are using this method from rooted 1.0.0.

I'll have to go to BN tomorrow and see if read in store works....

....I've never actually read in store, but for those expiring library books, might as well finish the book for free in BN....
Driaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:27 AM   #47
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks go out to volwrath for the heads up on r2.

After several hours of running the 1.1 Pre-Root, I started experiencing some odd behavior. A quick reflash with the r2 release seems to have solved everything. In fact, the NC seems a bit more responsive than it was on the 1.0.1 release.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #48
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driaz View Post
Success going from 1.0.1 autonootered (not the latest version, I rooted a couple days before the last release) to 1.1.0 via this method. I have not had any issues at all. I think those that have had problems are using this method from rooted 1.0.0..
That is not a correct statement (sadly) I went from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 r1 and have run into many of the same issues. Currently getting ready to try again with r2, although based on some reading at xda, i do not have the highest of hopes.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #49
emt
Nameless Being

Running 1.1 and 1.1 GHz Screamer

Everything works very nicely if you use SetCPU - my observations:
I updated to Dolphin HD 4.3 - Pinch/Zoom does not work well - just as well since I don't really like Dolphin so I'm going to try either stock or XScope - any advice will be appreciated
This 1100 MHz kernel is really faster IMHO
SetCPU settings per XDA as follows

General is min 600 MHz, max 1100 MHz, ondemand, set on boot
Battery off is max 600 MHz, min 300 MHz, ondemand, set on boot
Advanced is sampling 150000

Last book read icon works perfectly!

Initial screen sensitivity was awful but on one or two reboots, it is now flawless and nicely sensitive - apps pop right up much faster than before.

New market is sized properly for screen - all buttons show perfectly

Button Savior no longer works (except the Home Button does work)

Last edited by emt; 01-30-2011 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Forgot Something
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #50
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post

Button Savior no longer works (except the Home Button does work)
Try going into the app itself and select Kill/Start Button Savior Service. This happened to me last night. I was ready to uninstall/reinstall, then I remembered reading somewhere that the app stops working and needs to be reset. Another reason could be that you lost USB Debugging. Go into the NOOKcolor Tools app >All Settings > Development > USB Debugging (check the box).
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #51
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Huh, Button Savior seems to work the same for me. Glad I dodged that one!

I'm noticing that Ultra Keyboard doesn't stay installed after a reboot. I have to go back, find the apk, re-install it, and re-choose it as my default keyboard. Is anyone having that problem with SlideIt, etc.?

Also, when I charge the NC, the light on the cord doesn't turn to green when fully charged. This was an issue I had when I first did the faux build.prop. I know it's not the cord itself because it still works for my husband's NC.

ETA: Okay, I just manually deleted the apk and reinstalled it from the new Market. It seems to have stuck after rebooting this time, so we'll see. However, No Lock isn't sticking after rebooting, and that's one that wasn't sideloaded originally.

Last edited by PegS; 01-30-2011 at 01:27 PM.
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #52
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Try going into the app itself and select Kill/Start Button Savior Service. This happened to me last night. I was ready to uninstall/reinstall, then I remembered reading somewhere that the app stops working and needs to be reset. Another reason could be that you lost USB Debugging. Go into the NOOKcolor Tools app >All Settings > Development > USB Debugging (check the box).
It was the loss of USB debugging - thanks for the hint!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
I gave up the rooting and just went back to the stock 1.1. I'm honestly fine with the built in web browser now and most of the apps I had downloaded were for things I can bring up in the web browser. I may root again down the road, but first I want to see the app options B&N gives us. I'm very happy with the 1.1 update, though I still have books that don't show the covers. I wish I could figure that one out since many of my books show covers that didn't before the 1.1 update.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #54
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegS View Post
Huh, Button Savior seems to work the same for me. Glad I dodged that one!

I'm noticing that Ultra Keyboard doesn't stay installed after a reboot. I have to go back, find the apk, re-install it, and re-choose it as my default keyboard.
I downloaded UK but can't see where to select it. All I see is the default.
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #55
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
I downloaded UK but can't see where to select it. All I see is the default.
Did you put it in /system/app. It automatically goes into /data/app. You have to move it if you want to select it with NOOKcolor Tools.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #56
Driaz
Next Big Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
That is not a correct statement (sadly) I went from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 r1 and have run into many of the same issues. Currently getting ready to try again with r2, although based on some reading at xda, i do not have the highest of hopes.
Bummer....I wonder why some have no problems and others have so many? It seems that coming from the same software version should have similar results, but not so.

Did you have better luck with r2?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #57
Driaz
Next Big Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtriever View Post
Thanks go out to volwrath for the heads up on r2.

After several hours of running the 1.1 Pre-Root, I started experiencing some odd behavior. A quick reflash with the r2 release seems to have solved everything. In fact, the NC seems a bit more responsive than it was on the 1.0.1 release.
I never tried r1, only used r2 last night with great success. Hopefully r2 worked for volwrath too.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #58
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Did you put it in /system/app. It automatically goes into /data/app. You have to move it if you want to select it with NOOKcolor Tools.
Of course. I am using ES File Explorer so I hope I can do it with that.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 AM   #59
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driaz View Post
Bummer....I wonder why some have no problems and others have so many? It seems that coming from the same software version should have similar results, but not so.

Did you have better luck with r2?
No actually same problems exist. They are minor, but since my nandroid restore a)bricked my nc the first time and b) had a md5 mismatch the second time I think I will stick to 1.1 for a bit
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM   #60
rogerperk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk View Post
Of course. I am using ES File Explorer so I hope I can do it with that.
It doesn't show anywhere on ES File Explorer, card or device. Anyone know what the program name is? I see everything else but that but I can access it and such. Its there somewhere!