Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #76
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Tried my first B&N DRMed book (free book) in Aldiko yesterday. It would not let me import it (password protected) and did not give me the option to enter any information. I had to open it, then it prompted me for my name and password (credit card number). I was then able to import the book.

I have about 30 free books from B&N that I haven't bothered to remove the DRM from because I haven't imported them into calibre. I should make the time.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #77
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
I have a slight problem with Aldiko. I imported a few books to test it and I can see them all in the List View but nothing in the Shelf View. All the shelf holds is the freebie that came with the program. I can't find any reference to this problem so I thought I'd ask. Any ideas anyone?
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #78
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
If it defaults to Recent Reads, it only shows the books you've opened up. You need to change it to alphabetical or something
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #79
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
If it defaults to Recent Reads, it only shows the books you've opened up. You need to change it to alphabetical or something
D'oh! Opening up a book would have cleared that up, I suppose. Thank you for the heads up!
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #80
mxrodriguez
Enthusiast
mxrodriguez is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
D'oh! Opening up a book would have cleared that up, I suppose. Thank you for the heads up!
I asked the same exact question here when I first used Aldiko.

Change from recent reads to a sort option that shows all books

It was a 'D'oh!!' moment for me as well!!
mxrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:16 PM   #81
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Nevermind.

Last edited by Care; 04-21-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #82
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Arrrgh! I can't install Density Changer...this is not cool!

The only reason I want the stock reader is because of the small icons on Aldiko, and it loads the covers a bit faster.

This sounds like it could help, but of course, it's one of the apps that won't install on a manual nooter for 2.1.

I just need to go back to CM7, but I'm out of a damn computer until I get back from vacation.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #83
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I was able to download and install the density changer, wanted to re-install aldiko....now I'm getting Application Not Installed, and cannot download from the market...WTF???? It worked before! Rooted NOOK is more problematic than it's worth so far.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #84
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtruong View Post
These are the instructions for import on Aldiko's website:

There are several ways to import eBook and document files (in ePub or PDF formats) into the Aldiko Book Reader:

(1) Put the eBook and document files in the SD card of your device, tap on the “SD Card” icon at Home. Check the box next to the file that you want to import (or tap on the menu key of your device and choose "Select All"), then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button at the pop-up window at the bottom; Or

(2) Create a folder (say "import") in your SD card, put all the files that you want to import in that folder. Tap on the “SD Card” icon at Home, check the box next to the folder and then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button at the pop-up window at the bottom; Or

(3) If the eBook or document files that you want to import are under different folders, tap on the “SD Card” icon at Home, check the box next to the folders that you want to import and then tap on the “Import to Aldiko” button at the pop-up window at the bottom.

Please note that if you are importing Adobe DRM protected ePub and PDF files, you need to authorize your device with an Adobe ID before doing import.
New to CM7, I can see my books on my device, trying to open a book and it wants me to authorize my device for Adobe DRM. Is this the same sign-on and password as the Adobe Digital Editions on my computer? Because I cannot remember what I used as the password...
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #85
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajjb View Post
New to CM7, I can see my books on my device, trying to open a book and it wants me to authorize my device for Adobe DRM. Is this the same sign-on and password as the Adobe Digital Editions on my computer? Because I cannot remember what I used as the password...
Yes, it's the same.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #86
lisajjb
Enthusiast
lisajjb began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy 10"
Got it. Had to de-authorize my ADE and my nook. Shutdown and restart my computer, re-authorize ADE and nook with new Adobe password. Thanks.
lisajjb is offline   Reply With Quote