Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Full-Screen Next Page Button

I find this navigation configuration to be the closest thing to ambidextrous buttons in Koreader.

I am used to Android devices and I like to set the whole screen to be a Next Page button, except for the middle which brings up the Menu. A back swipes does a Previous Page. This config achieves that. The upper middle of the screen brings up the main menu functions, the lower middle brings up the font menu. The entire outer border of the screen does a Next Page.

The commands are as follows:

Quote:
-- customizable tap zones(rectangles)
-- x: x coordinate of top left corner in proportion to screen width
-- y: y coordinate of top left corner in proportion to screen height
-- w: tap zone width in proportion to screen width
-- h: tap zone height in proportion to screen height
DTAP_ZONE_MENU = {x = 4/10, y = 3/10, w = 4/10, h = 3/10}
DTAP_ZONE_CONFIG = {x = 4/10, y = 6/10, w = 4/10, h = 2/10}
DTAP_ZONE_MINIBAR = {x = 0, y = 31/32, w = 1, h = 1/32}
DTAP_ZONE_FORWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1, h = 1}
DTAP_ZONE_BACKWARD = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
-- DTAP_ZONE_BOOKMARK = {x = 7/8, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8} -- deprecated
-- DTAP_ZONE_FLIPPING = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/8, h = 1/8} -- deprecated
DTAP_ZONE_TOP_LEFT = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
DTAP_ZONE_TOP_RIGHT = {x = 255/256, y = 0, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_LEFT = {x = 0, y = 255/256, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
DTAP_ZONE_BOTTOM_RIGHT = {x = 255/256, y = 255/256, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_NEXT_CHAPTER = {x = 1/256, y = 0, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
DDOUBLE_TAP_ZONE_PREV_CHAPTER = {x = 0, y = 0, w = 1/256, h = 1/256}
It may interfere with other functionality you use, but I've found it okay for my purposes. It does not interfere with the bottom status bar functionality. I'm sure it could be improved to allow light on/off, etc.

The only problem with it is when you access the file explorer in Koreader. Normally touching the top of the screen in the explorer brings up the Menu. That now does nothing in the explorer. Also touching the middle opens a file instead of opening the menu (if a file is listed there). My simple workaround is to navigate to a fairly empty folder so that middle of the screen is empty and a touch in the middle brings up the menu.

For Android, the commands go into a file that you must create called 'defaults.persistent.lua' and place in the koreader folder. You can use the following file: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...r/defaults.lua as a template. Just paste the above commands over the already existing set of commands in the file.

For a Kobo or Kindle, you must paste the commands over the existing set of commands in the already existing file 'default.lua' which I think is also in the Koreader folder.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You could also consider disabling tap for menu so that it's only brought up with a swipe down. That probably works best if you leave it where it came from but it'd probably work anywhere on the screen.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert