Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-28-2020, 04:50 AM   #1
wsb
wsb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Convert PDF to KPR

Hi I am WSB from Australia! my first post.

could someone tell me how I could make a PDF wrapped Kindle print replica format book or PDF directly to epub ( the format should not be altered)

I did this using the kindle software - PDF was 4mb and KPR turned out to be more that 20 times of that size.

can someone guide me please
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You know it will only work on Apps and the Fire Tablet? It won't be a real ebook or sensibly readable on any eInk based ereader.

If it needs to be a fixed layout leave it as a PDF. It was INVENTED as Print Replica, as it's intended for proofing paper, giving true WYSIWYG and a source to publish/print on paper. The Amazon and ePub3 fixed layouts are pointless as they will not work on anything that doesn't support PDFs anyway.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 09:19 AM   #3
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsb View Post

could someone tell me how I could make a PDF wrapped Kindle print replica format book or PDF directly to epub ( the format should not be altered)

I did this using the kindle software - PDF was 4mb and KPR turned out to be more that 20 times of that size.

can someone guide me please
Hi, wsb and welcome to MobileRead.

Okay, can you elucidate a bit? What, precisely, is the end goal here?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Welcome.

Quote:
Are you looking to publish this on Amazon and/or other bookstores?

For Amazon you can upload a PDF and they will convert it to the appropriate Kindle format.

As Quoth mentioned, print replica books are only available on a subset of Kindle devices and apps. A reflowable format is preferred when possible.

Quote:
Do you mean KPF format produced using Kindle Create?

That is normally larger than the original format because it includes extra data, but 20 times larger (80MB) seems extreme! Could you provide more information on how you did that.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #5
wsb
wsb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Welcome.

Are you looking to publish this on Amazon and/or other bookstores?

For Amazon you can upload a PDF and they will convert it to the appropriate Kindle format.

As Quoth mentioned, print replica books are only available on a subset of Kindle devices and apps. A reflowable format is preferred when possible.

Is there a software/plugin where I can convert it directly?

Do you mean KPF format produced using Kindle Create?

That is normally larger than the original format because it includes extra data, but 20 times larger (80MB) seems extreme! Could you provide more information on how you did that.
This is for personal use. I have a PDF version of the book and I would like to convert it to a print replica to be used on an iPad. If someone can guide me how to get my pdf into KPR - I would be very grateful.

This is for my personal use and wont be uploading it anywhere.

I am very new to this so, you might have to tell me or lead me to the steps.

Much appreciated.
wsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #6
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Any particular reason not to just read it using a PDF viewer? Seems a lot easier.
phillipgessert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:21 PM   #7
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
Any particular reason not to just read it using a PDF viewer? Seems a lot easier.
Yeah, I'm with Phillip here. I mean...why not just open it in Books, f/k/a iBooks' reader, on the iPad? The PDF note-taking capabilities are about on a par with what you'd get in "Kindle for iOS" with FXL?

Or even some other iPad app. If I wanted to read a PDF, honestly, going the Kindle route, for fixed-layout, would be my last resort. (And crap, I do this for a living!)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #8
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
This is for personal use. I have a PDF version of the book and I would like to convert it to a print replica to be used on an iPad. If someone can guide me how to get my pdf into KPR - I would be very grateful.
I agree with the others here. The Kindle app is the wrong tool to use for reading PDF on an iPad.

However, if you are really set on using that app you can email to PDF to Amazon and they will deliver it to that app. Check the Manage Your Content and Devices page on amazon.com to find the email address associated with the Kindle for iPad app. There will be some limitations, for example internal links between pages will not function and you will not be able to annotate text.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use a PDF capable reader on the iPad.

I even bought a 10" Android tablet really to purely read pdfs. I'd never waste time trying to convert PDFs to anything other than paper.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote