Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
What Weather app looks good on eink?

I used to have a Weather app that looked good on e-ink. I found the paid version for free through the AppSales app. But when I recently had to do a factory reset on my Likebook Mars, I discovered that the Weather app I had been using, whose name I don't quite remember, was no longer in the Play store. Using an app that listed my paid apps, I saw that it was no longer among them. So, I'm looking for a new one, ideally with solid color monochrome backgrounds, simple icons, and no animation.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #2
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should also support widgets.
Advert
Old 06-05-2020, 03:48 PM   #3
fduniho
Addict

The Weather app I had on my Likebook Mars is still on my Kindle Fire. It is called "Weather Pro." I remembered the title correctly, but when I searched for it, the app that came up was not one I had purchased. When I checked my installed apps on my Fire, it was no longer listed, probably because it is no longer in the Play store. The app itself does not tell me who made it, and I can't look that up without it being in the Play store.

I ended up paying for another app called "Weather forecast & weather alerts & forecast radar," though it just shows up as "Weather" in the apps drawer. It is by Smooth Mobile Apps Team. Even though I paid for it yesterday, it still showed me an ad today. When I checked its menu, it still showed the "REMOVE ADS" option. When I tapped it, it went away. Maybe I just had to do that before it stopped showing me ads.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:37 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
The Weather app I had on my Likebook Mars is still on my Kindle Fire. It is called "Weather Pro." I remembered the title correctly, but when I searched for it, the app that came up was not one I had purchased. When I checked my installed apps on my Fire, it was no longer listed, probably because it is no longer in the Play store. The app itself does not tell me who made it, and I can't look that up without it being in the Play store.

I ended up paying for another app called "Weather forecast & weather alerts & forecast radar," though it just shows up as "Weather" in the apps drawer. It is by Smooth Mobile Apps Team. Even though I paid for it yesterday, it still showed me an ad today. When I checked its menu, it still showed the "REMOVE ADS" option. When I tapped it, it went away. Maybe I just had to do that before it stopped showing me ads.
i paid for NO ads in accuweather than found via Q& A with their support that it only applied to one device, not to all installs from the same google account. so when I installed to my 2nd device the ads came back. Decided that was a rip off and forced a refund through google.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:59 AM   #5
fduniho
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i paid for NO ads in accuweather than found via Q& A with their support that it only applied to one device, not to all installs from the same google account. so when I installed to my 2nd device the ads came back. Decided that was a rip off and forced a refund through google.
I was considering Accuweather, but it was more expensive than the one I went with.
Advert
Old 06-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #6
fduniho
Addict

Last night, I checked AppSales, and I found Weather App Pro on sale for free. I compared it to the Weather Pro app still on my Fire this morning, and it appears to be an updated version of the same app. Things were mostly in the same places and done the same way, the newer one had mostly the same menu items in the same order with a few extra ones, and it had some extra features the older one on my Fire didn't have. But these included features I remember using on my Likebook Mars. I probably just updated it more frequently on my Likebook Mars than on my Fire. Also, the developer name seemed familiar. It is TOHSOFT CO., LTD (PRO APPS).

This app has a dark background option, which provides a dark solid color background. This is useful on a black and white eink device, because it makes it more legible. The other app I got had a similar option, but it was slower to start up, and I like the widgets for Weather App Pro better.

Last edited by fduniho; 06-06-2020 at 12:11 PM. Reason: corrected app name
Old 06-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
I was considering Accuweather, but it was more expensive than the one I went with.
I don't recommend AccuWeather. I liked dark sky but they are about to discontinue android version so I needed to find an alternative....
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote