Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #241
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by kconan View Post
Has anyone tried to pair a Samsung smartwatch?

The galaxy weareble app goes to Google play to download extra plug-ins but I guess if we install them manually before it may work... I hope.
There is a Galaxy Wearable app in the Hisense App Store (just search for galaxy). I have no idea if that works or not.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #242
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Edit: don't bother, sign in process still blocked.

There is now a Google Play Store app available on the Hisense app store. I have not installed this myself and have no idea if it is legitimate or safe to install. Just search for google to find it.

I'm happy with my Google-less A5 but thought maybe some of you would be interested in trying it.

I'd recommend being prepared to factory reset if the app is not what it appears. It's possible it may be dependant on one of the Google services apps also listed in the Hisense store.

Edit: the Go(followed by Chinese characters) app that appears in the search for google seems like it will install the Play store along with Google Play Services etc. If you install that app and run it, it tells you that it needs to install 3 apps (play services, the play store and one other). There's a button to press,to install these apps. Maybe this is worth trying too, I didn't proceed any further.

Last edited by cartz; 02-24-2020 at 05:32 PM.
Advert
Old 02-24-2020, 05:30 PM   #243
cartz
Zealot

OK, you can ignore that. Have had it confirmed that the sign in process is still blocked.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:21 AM   #244
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
So I installed the Go and the 3 apps. I now have the Google Play Store installed but there's a catch: it crashes on launch.

Having the Google web services installed has nevertheless changed something: I can launch Strava (but I can't login so it's useless). Also, Brain.fm doesn't warn me that Google services are not installed anymore.

On the other hand, Maps stopped working!
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:00 PM   #245
Marmous
Marmous began at the beginning.

Device: none
LTE bands

Hi, I already asked @ploum this question on another social platform, if someone is living in France, what's your experience with the LTE networks on the A5 ?
I'm asking this because not all french LTE bands are available on the A5.

Thanks
Marmous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2020, 01:49 AM   #246
skynet84
Enthusiast
skynet84 is on a distinguished road

To use Google Play store you can try to install Chat Partner
http://www.tuttoandroid.net/huawei/c...ei-784674/amp/
This is the apk that will install the three Google Services
You can download the APK here: http://dl.huaweiblog.de/gmsinstaller
I don't have hisense A5 but let me know if it works!
skynet84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:17 AM   #247
kconan
kconan began at the beginning.

Device: nonw
I receive today the A5 and the only thing worries me is not being able to install my paid apps.

I see with Aurora Store you can login with your own google account but it could be banned by google, so I'm not sure how risky is that.

I'll wait for google services alternative installations, thank you skynet84 for your suggestion but that apk (it's available in many sites) is made for huawei devices and not intended for other phones, theoretically.

Last edited by kconan; 02-27-2020 at 05:11 AM.
kconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:33 AM   #248
lowsense
lowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hisense A5
Finally someone who is good at Android is trying to root and install gapps on A5. Let's hope!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...se-a5-t4058081
lowsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #249
kconan

Finally I received the A5 yesterday. I think I could get used to weird notification system and all the known limitations...

But something I'm not going give up is my Galaxy watch. I couldnt pair and i tried so many ways, I have all the apps needed, it's not even needed play services for the plugins but galaxy weareble app never finishes the initial pairing process.

So the A5 becomes a secondary device until I see a solution for this...

A least reading is a plesaure and it was the main reason to get it.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:06 PM   #250
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Finally I received the A5 yesterday. I think I could get used to weird notification system and all the known limitations...

But something I'm not going give up is my Galaxy watch. I couldnt pair and i tried so many ways, I have all the apps needed, it's not even needed play services for the plugins but galaxy weareble app never finishes the initial pairing process.

So the A5 becomes a secondary device until I see a solution for this...

A least reading is a plesaure and it was the main reason to get it.
What are you using as a reading app?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:25 PM   #251
kconan

I use Kindle, but I'm going to use Moon reader too.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:59 AM   #252
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
I use Kindle, but I'm going to use Moon reader too.
Moon+ Reader is my preferred reading app. Works very well on the A5. Actually, I'm reading more on the A5 now than I am on my various Onyx devices. I'm only using those for PDFs at the moment.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:14 PM   #253
skynet84
Enthusiast
skynet84 is on a distinguished road

Maybe this?
https://www.getdroidtips.com/root-hisense-device/
skynet84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #254
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet84 View Post
I dont think it would work. The guide is for mediatek and spreadturm devices. Meanwhile the A5 is a qualcomm snapdragon device
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #255
kconan

I'm testing the headphone jack of the A5 and I'm quite impressed, apparently it has a similar audio DAC like LG phones and there is a "hifi" setting delivering more power than usual.

If Hisense releases an international ROM or international model it would be a an outstanding special device...