Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #16
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
hmm... okay, seems I did the same, just the line order.. I'll try it again. Many thanks, Karma to you
Aceflor any luck?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:29 AM   #17
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Works fine, but I have a little glitch. In sleep mode in left upper corner exist cursor mark. They appear in all synced books, but not exist of I upload book by cable.
It's stays the same form and size for attributed item and they are different from each other.
I can provide the photo of this glitch.
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 02:21 AM   #18
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetchy View Post
Works fine, but I have a little glitch. In sleep mode in left upper corner exist cursor mark. They appear in all synced books, but not exist of I upload book by cable.
It's stays the same form and size for attributed item and they are different from each other.
I can provide the photo of this glitch.
Hi, yes please do. Can it be that it's a kepub/epub format problem? I don't think I see anything similar.
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:27 AM   #19
swedenboy
swedenboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi,

I cannot make it work on Kobo Libra H2O with GGdrive (personnal account).

Is there anybody success with this new device?

Thanks

This is the log file
Getting https://drive.google.com/open?id=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
open
Reading # Remove the # from the following line to uninstall KoboCloud
Comment found
Reading #UNINSTALL
Comment found
2019-11-22_16:25:04 done
swedenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 04:21 AM   #20
BaronMoe
BaronMoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Ok so I have Kobo Libra, and I tried setting it up with my dropbox account.

I added the line to the folder, restarted, but nothing happens when I sync. I am trying to load a 2mb epub file. I tried to push a manual library update by connecting and disconnecting to my pc yet nothing happened.

Am I to remove the "?dl=0" from the link? I am just unsure on what I am doing wrong. Did anyone else have any luck on a Libra (latest patch) with dropbox?
BaronMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2019, 04:37 AM   #21
BaronMoe

OK I solved it! I removed all the #lines from the file. So it only had two lines. The shared Dropbox folder and the shared (but empty) google drive folder which I added just as a fail safe. I restarted and now its importing just fine. No need to edit the dropbox link, just copy it as is.

In most programming languages lines which start with # are ignored, but I looked at the logs and it seemed like the software was getting confused by the UNINSTALL command for some reason.

Gibbo suggested to place the cloud link above the #UNINSTALL line, and I think it was the correct logic, as the software reads the file line by line, so if the link is above it, it passes the check. I think the modder should add this note to the github page.

TL;DR: Remove everything from file and then just paste the link.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:45 AM   #22
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
permission denied into get.log

Hi, I have tried it but these are my kobocloudrc and my get.log. Please, help me, what can be happening? (url is fake)

file 1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpbmar5hp...bg9Oo2b7a?dl=0
# Remove the # from the following line to uninstall KoboCloud
#UNINSTALL

file 2

2019-11-29_13:16:38 waiting for internet connection
Reading https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpbmar5hp...bg9Oo2b7a?dl=0
Getting https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpbmar5hp...bg9Oo2b7a?dl=0
/usr/local/kobocloud/get.sh: line 45: /usr/local/kobocloud/getDropboxFiles.sh: Permission denied
Comment found
Reading #UNINSTALL
Comment found
2019-11-29_13:16:51 done
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:17 PM   #23
BaronMoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
Hi, I have tried it but these are my kobocloudrc and my get.log. Please, help me, what can be happening? (url is fake)

file 1

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpbmar5hp...bg9Oo2b7a?dl=0
# Remove the # from the following line to uninstall KoboCloud
#UNINSTALL

file 2

2019-11-29_13:16:38 waiting for internet connection
Reading https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpbmar5hp...bg9Oo2b7a?dl=0
Getting https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cpbmar5hp...bg9Oo2b7a?dl=0
/usr/local/kobocloud/get.sh: line 45: /usr/local/kobocloud/getDropboxFiles.sh: Permission denied
Comment found
Reading #UNINSTALL
Comment found
2019-11-29_13:16:51 done

Remove everything from the file except for your dropbox link. Then restart and try again.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:54 PM   #24
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronMoe View Post
Remove everything from the file except for your dropbox link. Then restart and try again.
Thanks. Now it is working. But I think there was another problem: I had edited file 'config_kobo.sh' to install directories outside of .kobo, and I forgot to change the file permissions (execute). All is clear and working
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #25
Vetchy
Connoisseur
Vetchy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsantini View Post
Hi, yes please do. Can it be that it's a kepub/epub format problem? I don't think I see anything similar.
I'm got it with kepub, don't taste on other.

In attach you find photo of it.
I'm recognize the mark - it thumbnail of cover.
It appear only in sleep mode.

I'm think that issue accorded to file placing on kobo. By default all my books placed to root of device, but synced files placed in ./kobo/kobocloud/library
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-12-19 10.47.14.jpeg
Views:	468
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	175716   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-12-19 10.47.18.jpeg
Views:	436
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	175717  
Vetchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #26
WatInTarnation
WatInTarnation began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Duplicate Books

After some messing around I got this to work (kind of):
  1. Does not work with GDrive (I get Curl permission denied)
  2. Works with Dropbox just fine (kind of...see #4)
  3. I was not able to run the script properly on a Windows machine so I grabbed the released KoboRoot.tgz
  4. Now when I put an epub in my Dropbox folder, it loads the content onto my Libra H2O, but it also adds a duplicate book. When I go remove the duplicate from my book list on my Libra it just re-adds it. Does this only for Dropbox books, books added through Calibre are fine.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
WatInTarnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:22 AM   #27
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to look into these issues when I have some time!
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:39 PM   #28
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Is there any other way to load books without the cable, I remember someone mentioned via ftp I think but can't find that post.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:04 AM   #29
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
delete
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:09 AM   #30
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatInTarnation View Post
but it also adds a duplicate book
Try adds to Kobo eReader.conf

[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=Library
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, dropbox, google drive, pcloud