Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 11:42 AM   #466
DavidBerry
DavidBerry began at the beginning.

Device: kobo auro h2o n250
Hi - another request for the Aura H2O N250 SD image. Thank you.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:03 PM   #467
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #468
Bleep
Bleep began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O
Hello! Could you please send the Aura H2O sd image to me?
Old 06-19-2020, 10:50 PM   #469
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:34 AM   #470
k.shimada
k.shimada began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura H2O
Hi davidfor,
Can you please send me Aura H2O SD image, thank you.
Advert
Old 06-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #471
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@k.shimada: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #472
k.shimada
k.shimada began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Aura H2O
Thanks for the link.
pdurrant wrote:
You already seem to have access to PMs.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #473
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

I think you had PM's enabled, but, restricted so that I could not send one to you.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #474
grremlin
grremlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Hi davidfor,
Can you please send me Aura H2O SD image?
And is it of a specific firmware version? I am trying to stay in the last one before they changed the home screen, I believe 3.19 something?

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-24-2020, 03:35 PM   #475
grremlin
grremlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Please ignore my image request above; I was able to revive my reader with the following steps.
Maybe these steps will help someone.
Please let me know in which topic I should post this:

I got lucky because my reader's 4GB internal card definitely got corrupted, but apparently only for writing. It became read-only.

I was able to create an SD card image from it and imaged a new 8GB card.

The device booted successfully and all my settings and mods were preserved.

Then I removed the card again and extended the KOBOeReader partition to take up the rest of empty space on the card.

Booted the device again and voila!

Hopefully this will save someone the extra pain.

The software I used:

To read my "corrupted" SD card into an image:
Flash Drive Image Creator (available at https://www.vconsole.com/download)

To write the SD Card image onto the new card:
Flash Drive Image Writer (available at https://www.vconsole.com/download)

Resizing the partition:
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 12.1 (Available at https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html)

Important!
The Antivirus and AntiRansomware software interfered with SD Card writing process therefore I had to disable them temporarily.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #476
hakalele
hakalele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Could you please send the Aura H2O sd image to me?

My H2O got into infinite boot loop after uploading some unsupported files (*.lit or *.fb2).
Old 08-04-2020, 08:01 AM   #477
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But...

A manual factory reset is probably all that is needed. That will wipe everything.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #478
Manguitom
Manguitom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H20
Hello there! Latest firmware update put my H2O on a boot loop I can't get it out from. I believe there's some corrupted data problem going on, could you please send me the image so I can flash it on the internal sd?

Thank you!
Old 08-07-2020, 12:30 AM   #479
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #480
sawada
sawada began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO aura H2O
Hello davidfor
Could you please send the Aura H2O sd image to me?
I've almost gave up to repair my H2O, but found this forums.
thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
flash, h2o, image, sdcard, sdcard-image