Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 09:32 AM   #106
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkhamissimo View Post
Anyone use 2017 Oasis? I don't get any difference on new firmware 5.13.1. Still no darkmode.
I manually updated my 2nd gen Oasis.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #107
Shark69
Zealot
Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shark69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkhamissimo View Post
Anyone use 2017 Oasis? I don't get any difference on new firmware 5.13.1. Still no darkmode.
I've always done manual firmware update. If you want to get some new features, you have to reboot the device after updating with wifi activated.
As soon as the device start, you will have darkmode, for example.
Shark69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #108
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark69 View Post
I've always done manual firmware update. If you want to get some new features, you have to reboot the device after updating with wifi activated.
As soon as the device start, you will have darkmode, for example.
Unfortunately it is not that simple. I did manual update and rebooted several times and it still took many weeks for Dark Mode to show up on one of my 2 Paperwhites. I never use Airplane mode.

Last edited by tomsem; 08-12-2020 at 03:57 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #109
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Read the rest of that description. There has long been a very basic progress bar as part of the Page Flip feature, which takes a couple of taps to get to.

They are apparently going to add dots (they call waypoints) to that indicating recent page jumps so that you can go back to previous locations. The Kindle apps for iOS and Android have had that for a while.
I rarely if ever use page flip. I want the progress bar back as a choice offered as part of the Aa Reading Progress menu.

I note that this update is implemented for the Voyage reader but not for the PW3! Hardware limitations? I have a PW3 Manga with 32 GB that I got on Woot some time back. Weren't the PW3 and Voyage introduced about the same time?
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:44 PM   #110
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
I rarely if ever use page flip. I want the progress bar back as a choice offered as part of the Aa Reading Progress menu.

I note that this update is implemented for the Voyage reader but not for the PW3! Hardware limitations? I have a PW3 Manga with 32 GB that I got on Woot some time back. Weren't the PW3 and Voyage introduced about the same time?
Upthread this is some evidence that some PW3’s have gotten 5.13.1 (but no MobileRead users yet). But if it isn’t available for download, I am not sure what to make of this report.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #111
stassk8
stassk8 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg, kindle pw3
check amazon site Software Updates, PW3 - 5.13.2.
stassk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #112
danielr
Enthusiast
danielr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
When you upload this update to a 7th gen paperwhite manually to the device, it says that it is not valid

Last edited by danielr; 08-27-2020 at 02:56 PM.
danielr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:47 PM   #113
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stassk8 View Post
check amazon site Software Updates, PW3 - 5.13.2.
Bugger just went to 5.13.1 last week
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:55 PM   #114
rupan88
rupan88 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, KO3
Well, the downloaded file for the PW3 is titled "all new paperwhite". They have such a dog's dinner there...
rupan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #115
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupan88 View Post
Well, the downloaded file for the PW3 is titled "all new paperwhite". They have such a dog's dinner there...
Ugh, you can say that again.

Paperwhite:
update_kindle_paperwhite

Paperwhite 2:
update_kindle_paperwhite_v2

Paperwhite 3:
update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite

Paperwhite 4:
update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielr View Post
When you upload this update to a 7th gen paperwhite manually to the device, it says that it is not valid
I just installed 5.13.2 for the PW3 and it installed no problem. I suggest you try downloading the firmware again and giving the update another go.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #117
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just installed 5.13.2 for the PW3 and it installed no problem. I suggest you try downloading the firmware again and giving the update another go.
Yep, no problem doing it on mine either.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:08 PM   #118
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Now that I've seen the new Aa, bring back the previous Aa.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #119
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Now that I've seen the new Aa, bring back the previous Aa.
"I saw the new Aa and it made me go AAaaaaaa".
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:36 PM   #120
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
So, when are you going to update all your posts that make the claim that the PW3 is EOL, which is false even by your bogus definition of EOL?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote