Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Mac Finder Search and Spotlight Not Finding Epubs

For whatever reason, Mac Finder Search and Spotlight aren't finding my epubs.

Yesterday, I followed the instructions here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254415

I installed the plugin, I ran the terminal command to enable it, I started reindexing my drive...

Today, I still don't see any of my epubs in Finder Search. I know some of them contain the search terms.

I am also trying EasyFind, but it takes forever, and I don't know if it searches epubs.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:24 PM   #2
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Have you experimented using a single folder? That might be faster and easier (ie: you know the indexing finishes almost instantly if the folder only has a couple of epubs in it).

I did this and it worked for me:

1) Downloaded v1.8 of the mdimporter, unzipped it and put it in the /Library/Spotlight folder
2) Opened a terminal and used the following command: "mdimport -r /Library/Spotlight/epub.mdimporter"
3) Put some epubs in a folder
4) Opened system preferences and went to the privacy tab of the Spotlight prefs. Added that new folder as a "do not index" and then removed it again to force an indexing of my new test folder.
5) did a Spotlight search for the word "protomolecule" and up popped Tiamat's Wrath in my search results.

Last edited by radius; 05-29-2019 at 03:26 PM.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
It seems to work with the Roman alphabet, but not the Cyrillic.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, macos, search, spotlight