Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I do believe an in between mode is needed.
I (as a long time user) can't send a PM to a new user because they are locked out.
I think the should be able to RECEIVE and reply (ONLY). No originate or CC adding allowed until their qualifying period/activity has elapsed.
While that would be nice, I don't think the forum software supports it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
While that would be nice, I don't think the forum software supports it.
Yes. We need someone with the foresight of Kovid to write decent USER oriented forum software.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2019, 07:01 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shortly after joining the forum I read a move to a different package was planned - Xenforo I think.

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” - Burns

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #19
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Shortly after joining the forum I read a move to a different package was planned - Xenforo I think.

“The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” - Burns

BR
I would guess that transferring the existing database to the Xenforo one would be "non-trivial" as they say.

And Xenforo is yet another PHP + MySQL setup, both of which I despise. I've never surveyed the field but I'd think that Python and PostgreSQL might be a viable choice.

On the other hand these vBulletin forums are ubiquitous so the design can't be as bad as I'd like to think it is.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #20
Zdre_Wulf
Zdre_Wulf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2
Private Message

Hello Pdurrant, may I request enabling private message please? I need it in order to save my ebook reader, thanks a lot!
Zdre_Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2019, 08:09 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdre_Wulf View Post
Hello Pdurrant, may I request enabling private message please? I need it in order to save my ebook reader, thanks a lot!
Done.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #22
ARez
ARez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless reader N647, PocketBook 613
Hello, people.
Im sure, I sure spam protect is nessesery. But I can't resive a Private Messege from Grand Sorcerer.
So, maybe anybody can help me and enable it?
ARez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #23
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARez View Post
Hello, people.
Im sure, I sure spam protect is nessesery. But I can't resive a Private Messege from Grand Sorcerer.
So, maybe anybody can help me and enable it?
Done.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #24
Vegeta
Vegeta began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2nd edition
Grand Mouse, please enable my Private Messaging in order to receive help for my device!
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:09 PM   #25
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Grand Mouse, please enable my Private Messaging in order to receive help for my device!
<<Not the Mouse, but done.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #26
Vegeta
Vegeta began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 2nd edition
Many thanks!!!
Vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #27
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I'm too late!

Thanks, Issy.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:32 AM   #28
trunglinh06
trunglinh06 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
New members are restricted because of spammers. Before this policy, spammers would join and spam via Private Messages which moderators don't see.
i couldn't send any messager, please help me
trunglinh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:53 AM   #29
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunglinh06 View Post
i couldn't send any messager, please help me
You should now have access to Private Messages.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #30
krahman
krahman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
You should now have access to Private Messages.
please help me too, I can't access Private Message, Thx before..
krahman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issues, message, private, problem, signature