Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
Stefanie12345678
Stefanie12345678 began at the beginning.

Device: none
error message

Hello together

uploading the epub in smashwords always gives me those error messages. Even though when I change it into what they say is allowed it doesn't work.

First error:
Error while parsing file: attribute "align" not allowed here; expected attribute "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"

Than I changed tried to change "align" into "dir". Than it states:
Error while parsing file: value of attribute "dir" is invalid; must be equal to "ltr" or "rtl"

The same when I try to change "align" into "id".
and so on and so on.

What do I have to fix here?

Can anybody help?

Thank you!
Stefanie12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie12345678 View Post
Hello together

uploading the epub in smashwords always gives me those error messages. Even though when I change it into what they say is allowed it doesn't work.

First error:
Error while parsing file: attribute "align" not allowed here; expected attribute "dir", "id", "lang", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"

Than I changed tried to change "align" into "dir". Than it states:
Error while parsing file: value of attribute "dir" is invalid; must be equal to "ltr" or "rtl"

The same when I try to change "align" into "id".
and so on and so on.

What do I have to fix here?

Can anybody help?

Thank you!
It would be much easier if you posted a sample of your code so we could see it. How exactly are you using align? text-align? align-content? A naked align? If you are using align inside a div, that is not supported under HTML5. You would need to use CSS with text-align.

OTOH, dir is not a standalone, you need dir="rtl" for example. Changing your code at random is not going to help.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, error message, error while parsing