Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
novalagoon
novalagoon began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.t
Calibre Server view Book in Browser

Hi,

First of all, calibre is awesome but a little thing is bothering me.

When I access my calibre DB via chrome und press the GET button, the book will be downloaded to my PC. Is there a possibility to change this behaviour? I would like to open the book directly in the browser?

Regards
novalagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalagoon View Post
Is there a possibility to change this behaviour? I would like to open the book directly in the browser?
There is the MagicScroll ebook reader plugin.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Integrating a javascript viewer into the content server is on my todo list.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
novalagoon
novalagoon began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.t
Great, I'm really looking forward to see this "extions"

Thanks for the quick reply!
novalagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Daly de Gagne
Daly de Gagne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Where is the user content server

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalagoon View Post
Hi,

First of all, calibre is awesome but a little thing is bothering me.

When I access my calibre DB via chrome und press the GET button, the book will be downloaded to my PC. Is there a possibility to change this behaviour? I would like to open the book directly in the browser?

Regards
What is bugging me is that I can find no information on the content server for users - other than a feature statement that there is one.

What am I missing?

Daly
Daly de Gagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daly de Gagne View Post
What is bugging me is that I can find no information on the content server for users - other than a feature statement that there is one.

What am I missing?

Daly
Not much
Documentation is thin.

The main purpose of the Content server is to allow remote (not on the host) to browse the Library contents and GET the book for local reading on the preferred viewer.

Why use a browser to view a book? Calibre includes a Viewer for local viewing.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote