Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #61
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
For those that are interested and build from source themselves, I am pushing most of this work to my own github site:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Sigil

As of right now the following has been implemented (roughly)

1. User can now specify a secondary dictionary for inline red squiggley spellchecking and that should work.

2. Ignore word lists are now cross language and no longer added to any dictionary

3. The SpellCheckEditor dialog, should now happily spellcheck words in multiple languages as determined by the lang and xml:lang attributes on html tags. It does use a simplistic gui where language code is used as a word prefix. That will most likely be changed before any release to use a separate language column. But for now, the simple gui is being used.

4. Updating words from suggestions should now work in the SpellcheckEditor dialog as well.

5. All UserDictionaries have been temporarily disabled until we figure out how to use them in a multi language environment more effectively.

Feel free to check it out and play with it and let me know of any bugs/issues/crashes that happens.

Once we figure out the best way to handle UserDictionaries, I will push everything to Sigil master for testers to play with the Travis and Appveyor CI builds if they so desire.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #62
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An alternative idea that might be supported with very few changes is to make Sigil load any .dic_delta files automagically when it loads the dictionary for that language (that match the language region code) and have this be unrelated to UserDictionaries concept completely.

So UserDictionaries stay as they are now and are only added to the Primary Language dictionary (like now) as people may want to use these in a different way.

But more official .dic_delta files (one per language) would automatically be used if they exist.

It might be a good compromise approach.
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 01:50 PM   #63
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
An alternative idea that might be supported with very few changes is to make Sigil load any .dic_delta files automagically when it loads the dictionary for that language (that match the language region code) and have this be unrelated to UserDictionaries concept completely.
IMHO, this is a good compromise.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #64
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Should the .dic_delta files need to be right beside the .aff and .dic files? I assume that is how Chrome needs them?
Old 08-17-2020, 02:43 PM   #65
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Should the .dic_delta files need to be right beside the .aff and .dic files? I assume that is how Chrome needs them?
Ideally, yes, but since the main dictionaries are in the program folder, it might be difficult to gain write access.
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 03:18 PM   #66
KevinH
Sigil Developer

So first look right beside the hunspell .aff and .dic and if not found look for something with the exact same basename with the extension .dic_delta in the Sigil Preferences folder in "/hunspell_dictionaries/";

That should work right?
Old 08-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #67
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
So first look right beside the hunspell .aff and .dic and if not found look for something with the exact same basename with the extension .dic_delta in the Sigil Preferences folder in "/hunspell_dictionaries/";

That should work right?
Yes. That should work.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:29 AM   #68
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I gave preference to the Sigil Prefs version so the user can overwrite any system level .dic_delta files.

I have now re-enabled UserDictionaries and added support for .dic_delta file loading.

I just now pushed all of this to master. So both travis and appveyor CI automated builds should have these features soon.

Please note, these new features are in quite rough form with little to no testing and many things could be broken. All testing and feedback is welcome.

Once we get the major bugs out, I can start work on improving the gui elements in the SpellcheckEditor.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2020, 06:29 PM   #69
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I had some time so Sigil master and appveyor/travis should soon/now have an updated gui for the SpellcheckEditor dialog as well.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:56 AM   #70
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Has anyone interested in multi-language spellchecking had a chance to either build their own or use one of the continuous improvement test builds created by Appveyor (Windows) or Travis (Mac)?

If so, I would love to hear feedback, bug reports, etc.

If someone is willing to test and report back on these features, please let me know and I can PM you with a download link for your platform.

ps.
I added some screen shots from my build so people can see how things look in master now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spell_Preferences.png
Views:	146
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	181472   Click image for larger version

Name:	xhtml.png
Views:	140
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	181473   Click image for larger version

Name:	SpellCheckEditor.png
Views:	142
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	181474  

Last edited by KevinH; 08-20-2020 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:49 AM   #71
1v4n0
Groupie
1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.1v4n0 writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post

Do you recall Post #31 (and my Post #32)?

Getting amnesia? It was only a few weeks ago!
Gave those posts a quick look. Sorry, but it seems to me those solutions won't work for my needs. I can't bulk-tag all the words the spellcheck doesn't recognize, because although the majority on the positives are indeed just correct words in another language, some of them are errors, and the whole purpose of scanning the list of the words which the spellcheck doesn't recognize is indeed to identify the errors. And I need to be able to scan the list more times, so I can't just browse it once and tag all the words, because that way I'll end up adding words that are indeed errors. The example for merging UK and US English makes a bit more sense, because the words that appear in both lists will provide, if nothing else, a shorter list to check for real-negatives. But:
1) How do I quickly identify those words?
2) It remains a very long and complicated process.

Thank you for your answers anyway
1v4n0 is offline   Reply With Quote