Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
elusivecritter
Neophyte Member
elusivecritter doesn't litterelusivecritter doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Unknown: 2008 Calendar for eBook Readers. V1.25. January 25, 2008

This PDF file is 12 pages. One for each month. I sized it for my Sony Reader, but it should work on any device that will read PDF files. I am also including the calendar in Microsoft Word (97/2003) format and ODT format for users of OpenOffice. You can add events, appointments etc in the open spaces and resave as PDF with your own info.

Hope you find this useful.

ec
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2008_Reader_Calendar.zip (143.3 KB, 1487 views)
elusivecritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
An excellent idea.
Thanks, elusivecritter.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
gimmmo
gimmmo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks a lot, elusivecritter.
gimmmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #4
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2008 calendar for IMP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivecritter View Post
This PDF file is 12 pages. One for each month. I sized it for my Sony Reader, but it should work on any device that will read PDF files. I am also including the calendar in Microsoft Word (97/2003) format and ODT format for users of OpenOffice. You can add events, appointments etc in the open spaces and resave as PDF with your own info.

Hope you find this useful.

ec
Hey all,

I have tried to convert elusivecritter's .doc version of this calendar to an IMP format with no real luck (the tables will not align properly). Admittably I have very little skills in this department. Considering that EBW1150 has drawing/writing capabilites, I thought having a calendar on it would be cool. Has anyone else out there preformed a successful conversion?

Denise
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Kindle
One page per year?

Have any body tried to create a one page per year calendar for the 6'' screen readers? Since I carry the thing around all the time it would be good to have a calendar there, but since notes is not an option a one page per year (or perhaps six months?) would be most convenient.
Prospect is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect View Post
Have any body tried to create a one page per year calendar for the 6'' screen readers? Since I carry the thing around all the time it would be good to have a calendar there, but since notes is not an option a one page per year (or perhaps six months?) would be most convenient.
should be pretty simple to do. Just use word or html and create the one you want. Then convert it to whatever eBook format you can read. Up to recently the Cybook Gen 3 did not support tables but that has been fixed so a table is the form you should use. I think most of the reader except Sony support tables and they can read PDF so you can just make a PDF for a 6" screen.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
Prospect
Other
Prospect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enoughProspect will become famous soon enough

Simple task but it would take some time to do it properly. It would make sense to add some years back and forth as well while one are at it.

PDF would be the preferred format, since none of the readers can handle advanced formatting in the reflowable formats. And advanced formatting would be required to make this look nice ;-)

I spent 15 minutes on my own before asking. As you can se improvement is possible. And 12 months on one page is perhaps too ambitious.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Norwegain calendar 2008.pdf (10.4 KB, 1409 views)
Old 05-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Simple task but it would take some time to do it properly. It would make sense to add some years back and forth as well while one are at it.

PDF would be the preferred format, since none of the readers can handle advanced formatting in the reflowable formats. And advanced formatting would be required to make this look nice ;-)

I spent 15 minutes on my own before asking. As you can se improvement is possible. And 12 months on one page is perhaps too ambitious.
Looks pretty good in landscape mode. It provides the information needed. Lack of fancy formatting does not make it any less usable. Making a PDF the right size does not need reflow so it is fine.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
elusivecritter
Neophyte Member

Year at a Glance - PDF

Here is a 1 page Year at a Glance calendar for 2008. It's not great looking, but it is usable in landscape mode. When I have more time I'll spiff it up and post it with DOC & OpenOffice files like I did the Month at a Glance one.

Yours,

elusivecritter

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ereader - year at a glance.pdf (46.1 KB, 1083 views)
Old 05-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivecritter View Post
Here is a 1 page Year at a Glance calendar for 2008. It's not great looking, but it is usable in landscape mode. When I have more time I'll spiff it up and post it with DOC & OpenOffice files like I did the Month at a Glance one.

Yours,

elusivecritter
So is it eReader format or PDF format? Either the name or the file extension needs to be changed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
should be pretty simple to do. Just use word or html and create the one you want. Then convert it to whatever eBook format you can read. Up to recently the Cybook Gen 3 did not support tables but that has been fixed so a table is the form you should use. I think most of the reader except Sony support tables and they can read PDF so you can just make a PDF for a 6" screen.

Dale
Sony readers support tables. It's just that Book Designer doesn't do it. You can get tables easily using html2lrf.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #12
elusivecritter
Neophyte Member

PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So is it eReader format or PDF format? Either the name or the file extension needs to be changed.

It is PDF as the file extension indicates. I was using eReader as a generic term for any electronic reading device.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #13
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
How about this? It's one year per page, in Spanish format (month names, week starts at Monday...), but it could be adapted to other formats if needed.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf calendario.pdf (114.0 KB, 883 views)
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:50 AM   #14
Prospect
Other

Looks very nice!

Possible improvemets would be to add week numbers and to remove some of the space between the year (title) and the calendar.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #15
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Possible improvemets would be to add week numbers and to remove some of the space between the year (title) and the calendar.
Something like this?

Edit: I also added the calendar in English format, with weeks starting on Sundays, both Sundays and Saturdays marked in colour (whether they'll be visible or not in eBook-readers, I don't know), no other holidays marked.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf calendario.pdf (123.6 KB, 856 views)
File Type: pdf calendar.pdf (123.7 KB, 925 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 06-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote