Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
2.6.1 PULLED FOR KOBO TOUCH?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the 2.6.1 is not pushing for the touch currently N905 version non sd card. I had to do a forced reset and notice that the firmware that currently is pushing is the 2.5.2

anyone else have this issue?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Jack just because a f/w is available for some people who have bought as device it does not mean it is available for all. Kobobdo releases on a vendor by vendor basis.

Also why on earth do you insist in YELLING in subject lines?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
2.6.1 pulled for Kobo Touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the 2.6.1 is not pushing for the touch currently N905 version non sd card. I had to do a forced reset and notice that the firmware that currently is pushing is the 2.5.2

anyone else have this issue?
Did that Touch get the 2.6.1 update without sideloading before you did the latest reset?

If it did, I can try a factory reset on a Touch here which did get the update over the air and see if it gets the update this time out.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Did that Touch get the 2.6.1 update without sideloading before you did the latest reset?

If it did, I can try a factory reset on a Touch here which did get the update over the air and see if it gets the update this time out.

Regards,
David
IIt never got the update originally. Because I side loaded it. If u could that would be great to check..
Regards jack
Old 06-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
My Touch got the 2.6.1 update about a week ago.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
My Touch got the 2.6.1 update about a week ago.
My experience with updates usually mean that it does not take this long for an update to push through. The only time it has not has been due to Kobo pulling the update due to major issues.

regards

Jack
Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My experience with updates usually mean that it does not take this long for an update to push through. The only time it has not has been due to Kobo pulling the update due to major issues.
Just did a factory reset on the Touch (N905) and it re-downloaded 2.6.1 so either units that already got 2.6.1 will get it again and units that didn't won't or your Touch is just at the end of the queue to get the 2.6.1 update.

Regards,
David
Old 06-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Just did a factory reset on the Touch (N905) and it re-downloaded 2.6.1 so either units that already got 2.6.1 will get it again and units that didn't won't or your Touch is just at the end of the queue to get the 2.6.1 update.

Regards,
David
Hmm Just curious. What is the current version of the desktop software your using? I wonder if mine is out of date?

regards

Jack
Old 06-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Hmm Just curious. What is the current version of the desktop software your using? I wonder if mine is out of date?

regards

Jack
Desktop version is 3.2.3 but I updated over WiFi.

Regards,
David
Old 06-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
Thane1
Connoisseur
Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Thane1 knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
I did get 2.61(first release) for the Touch as well (it upgraded via wifi) however after checking the bottom of the reader, mine is marked as a 905B.

Be aware that 2.61 screws up the display of certain image files found in books, TIFF and PNG images aren't showing (the later at least was fixed in 2.61b, however this firmware isn't being pushed out apparently). You might want to stick with the firmware you have unless 2.61 offers a fix and you can live with the problems it introduces.

I don't see a mark 3 firmware for 2.61b, so side loading isn't an option, plus Kobo does not support firmware updates that way officially.
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
After thinking about it for a bit, I reverted the Touch (N905B) back to the original SD card without the updated factory restore and it gets the 2.5.2 update now. I had been playing with updating the factory restore partition to a version newer than 1.9.9 plus adding more internal storage and updated it to 2.5.1 before getting the 2.6.1 update.

Regards,
David
Old 07-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
After thinking about it for a bit, I reverted the Touch (N905B) back to the original SD card without the updated factory restore and it gets the 2.5.2 update now. I had been playing with updating the factory restore partition to a version newer than 1.9.9 plus adding more internal storage and updated it to 2.5.1 before getting the 2.6.1 update.

Regards,
David
So the backed up partition you mentioned is only getting the 2.5.2 update then?

regards

Jack
Old 07-02-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
So the backed up partition you mentioned is only getting the 2.5.2 update then?
The original uSD card factory resets to 1.9.9 and updates to 2.5.2. The modified version (16GB uSD card with a modified factory reset setup) loads 2.5.1 on a factory reset and for some reason updated to 2.6.1 on the first test. I'll have to pop it back in and see what happens but not likely to later in the week -- busy week at work and finally off monitoring the #@$%^& backups so I can feel that I'm actually doing something useful.

Regards,
David