Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Gogool
Gogool began at the beginning.

Device: none
PB 302 - my opinions

Greetings mobile friends,

A month ago I received my PB 302. As expected, I have been busy reading, and forgot to put here my comments on the machine. But here it goes:

The pros:
- The bundle. I ordered it from pocketgoods and they have made a great pack. It came with a 4GB card, full of applications including the recent hacks for adobeviewer and fbreader. Plus, a few books in the card, a very nice protective brown leather cover and a nice led lamp.
- Battery life. It came fully charged, and after one month of intensive use, not even a single dash has gone.
- The Screen. I don’t know if mine came with a matter screen or is just a matter cover, but for me there are no reflections.

The cons:
- The software provided with the firmware (15.2). pdfviewer, does not show some pages on some pdfs. I say this is a bug, because with the same pdf, adobeviewer shows it all.
- Button assignment. They forgot the scroll up or down and left or right options to assign the buttons to. This is quite important when reading some pdfs where you cannot reflow because of the graphics in it and you have to scroll each page with the stylus.
- WEB. This is a major flaw. The provided browser is useless. Not even google displays correctly. I know this is supposed to be an ebook reader, but if it has wifi capabilities and you are paying for it, why not make good use of it?

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase. This is a very nice and robust piece of hardware and I expect a long, long evolution in the firmware as there is a lot of room for improvement.

Luis.Dias
Gogool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogool View Post
Greetings mobile friends,

A month ago I received my PB 302. As expected, I have been busy reading, and forgot to put here my comments on the machine. But here it goes:

The pros:
- The bundle. I ordered it from pocketgoods and they have made a great pack. It came with a 4GB card, full of applications including the recent hacks for adobeviewer and fbreader. Plus, a few books in the card, a very nice protective brown leather cover and a nice led lamp.
- Battery life. It came fully charged, and after one month of intensive use, not even a single dash has gone.
- The Screen. I don’t know if mine came with a matter screen or is just a matter cover, but for me there are no reflections.

The cons:
- The software provided with the firmware (15.2). pdfviewer, does not show some pages on some pdfs. I say this is a bug, because with the same pdf, adobeviewer shows it all.
- Button assignment. They forgot the scroll up or down and left or right options to assign the buttons to. This is quite important when reading some pdfs where you cannot reflow because of the graphics in it and you have to scroll each page with the stylus.
- WEB. This is a major flaw. The provided browser is useless. Not even google displays correctly. I know this is supposed to be an ebook reader, but if it has wifi capabilities and you are paying for it, why not make good use of it?

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase. This is a very nice and robust piece of hardware and I expect a long, long evolution in the firmware as there is a lot of room for improvement.

Luis.Dias
Button assignment: Oh yes, there are buttons assigned for scrolling up and down in pdfs (left buttons)

With the new FW version, there will be a fullfledged browser.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Great news on the new browser - is there a date for the FW?
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
Great news on the new browser - is there a date for the FW?
We checking it out already. It's the Midori browser. There are still a few flaws but it works steadily.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags