Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2024, 09:52 PM   #1
bingpup
bingpup began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox page
switching to new device, how to change option on calibre

hello!

I'm recently changing from a kindle to an onyx boox ereader, but my calibre's "device recognition" has been set to kindle all this time. Just in case I didn't make sense (because I forgot what that step is called), when you first download calibre, they ask you what device you're going to be using calibre for/ sending to, and they have several categories. It's been kindle, but now since I'm changing, I would also like to change that part as well.

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the device type without having to uninstall and then reinstall calibre and also without having to lose all the metadata, plugins, and editing (that I'm currently doing) I've customized my calibre with?

Thank you!
bingpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 10:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
right click th epreferences button and choose the option to run the welcome wizard
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert