Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Lightbulb Inkpad 3 (740) New Firmware 5.19.542

Firmware:
(November 16, 2018)

Hi everybody !
What good news. New update is available for the PocketBook Inkpad 3/740 with lots of news.

Quote:
Implemented:

New Audio Books application
Quote:
1. A new Audio Books app has been added to the firmware. From now on, InkPad 3 users
can easily collect and listen to audio books in the following formats: .m4a, .m4b, .ogg,
and .mp3. In addition, the Audio Books app supports audio books in containers (.mp3.zip,
.zip).
2. The Audio Books app can also operate with sets of audio book files located in one
directory.
New Audio Player application
Quote:
1. The user interface of the Audio Player application has been significantly reworked. From
now on, this application can scan the filesystem of the device for music files and organize
them in the media center. Audio tracks may be grouped by albums, genres, performers
and folders.
2. More convenient playlist management system.
3. Possibility to control the playback speed.
4. Possibility to adjust the volume between the frequency range zones using the integrated
equalizer.
New Browser application
Quote:
1. Due to the new web engine the new Browser application provides a significantly
increased browsing speed and a new user interface. The new web engine meets all modern
requirements supporting major WEB technologies such as HTML5, Java Script, CSS3 and
others. From now on, web pages will be opened more quickly and will be displayed in
the most convenient way. This enhancement significantly expands the opportunities for
Internet browsing
Quote:
2. Now users can download web pages directly from the Browser app to read them offline
later. This is very comfortable when reading extensive web pages.
3. The new search function now enables users to search through web pages, no matter if
they search for single words or phrases.
4. The new Browser application offers advanced options such as zoom factor, gamma
correction, download folder and some security settings, which will help user to adjust the
appearance of web pages to achieve maximum comfort of reading.

Reader program
Quote:
1. The fast paging mode is activated when repeatedly and quickly flipping pages via
touchscreen or hardware buttons.
2. Enhancements regarding hyphenation in EPUB and FB2 formatted books.
3. Automatic scaling of illustrations depending on the screen size in FB2 formatted books.
Other improvements
Quote:
1. Enhancements of the metadata search algorithms in the Library application.
2. Some wording enhancements.
Fixed:
Quote:
1. Possible incorrect display of some book covers of EPUB-formatted books.
2. Possible incorrect display of the system clock after resuming from sleep mode.
3. Incorrect display of some book titles containing Chinese etc. characters in the Library
app.
4. Impossibility to open some CHM formatted files.
5. Other minor fixes

Download : https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...tbook-inkpad-3
More : http://support.pocketbook-int.com/fw...N_5.19.542.pdf

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-22-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
But there is still no easy way to export notes and highlights, or sync them between devices . Or is there?
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zslengyel View Post
But there is still no easy way to export notes and highlights, or sync them between devices . Or is there?
What is the "simple way" for you to export notes.
Export comments are and were supported on the Pocketbook.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-22-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
What is the "simple way" for you to export notes.
When I asked Pocketbook earlier this year they told me there was no support in getting highlights from Inkpad 3 to a computer. The planned support was in the september update.

Can you now get your highlights in some sort of text form to a computer?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 05:25 AM   #5
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Got an answer from their support.

Unfortunately, the possibility of notes transfer has not been implemented yet.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Got an answer from their support.

Unfortunately, the possibility of notes transfer has not been implemented yet.
• Stop you excited for nothing.
• If you have a problem, create a new thread, or contact the technical department.

• Besides, I do not know, what are you talking about, I do not understand anything. If you talk about 'NOTES' I used the [KOREADER] (for highlights) instead of the original elect, or I send it by mail, synchronization with cloud = sync with my PC in real-time.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-23-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:14 AM   #7
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
A feature of a third-party application cannot be considered a feature of the PB firmware. I like koreader, but it is too unreliable to be recommended as the primary reader to everyone (frequent hangups, meltdowns at sleep, inability to reach wi-fi etc.). Neither is installing apps an option for many people. So I do not find it unreasonable to hope for this feature to be implemented in the official software (as it was promised, and as it is already implemented in the Android version).
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:38 AM   #8
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Could you explain to me please, how to export my annotations/comments and/or highlights from Touch Lux 4 or InkPad 3 for instance? I have some example notes I want to work with them in text editor on my computer, how can I do this?
TIA
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:18 AM   #9
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by zslengyel View Post
A feature of a third-party application cannot be considered a feature of the PB firmware.
• The reader Inkpad 3 use the FBreader not Koreader.
• Koreader is an optional third-party application for user instalation. But he is not implanted in the system.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:29 AM   #10
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Could you explain to me please, how to export my annotations/comments and/or highlights from Touch Lux 4 or InkPad 3 for instance? I have some example notes I want to work with them in text editor on my computer, how can I do this?
TIA
Hi ! Cześć !

• Sorry, I borrowed my reader from my wife. When she's going to come back, I looked
• But I believe, that we can find the notes recorded somewhere in a text file in the reader. ;-)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 11-25-2018 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #11
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
• But I believe, that we can find the notes recorded somewhere in a text file in the reader. ;-)
OK, dzięki. I'll wait for good news. I can't find it by myself.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:32 PM   #12
Toinpa
Toinpa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3
You can save your notes in ReadRate.
Toinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #13
Cyfranek
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toinpa View Post
You can save your notes in ReadRate.
Can I work with them in word editor after saving to ReadRate?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:22 PM   #14
Toinpa
Toinpa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Can I work with them in word editor after saving to ReadRate?
You can copy and paste the notes. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.
Toinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #15
alexwent
alexwent began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Question Question about new firmware

Hi all. I have some concerns about the November 2018 firmware upgrade for the Inkpad 3. I've noticed two slightly worrying things. 1) A slight lag in page refresh (I have mine set to Complete Page Refresh = Never; normally the new page comes immediately, but now there's a slight cross-fade and a slightly jittery appearance before the page fully resolves.) 2) Much reduced battery life. Maybe some leakage? In the last hour or so I have lost 10% charge. LEDs were on. But this had not happened before. Anyone experiencing either of these two events?
alexwent is offline   Reply With Quote