Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Fedwin
Enthusiast
Fedwin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Possible minor bug in 0.9.x

I think I noticed a bug in Sigil 0.9.0 that is still in 0.9.2. Every time I generate a table of contents, a space gets inserted between the opening quote and the s in all instances of class="sigil_not_in_toc".

I just replicated this error in the Sigil User's Guide 0.7.2 with Sigil 0.9.2.
Fedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sure does. And it's cumulative, too! Thanks for the report.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Minor annoyance:
If you stack (on top of each other. you get a tab at the bottom.) the 'book browser' and the TOC, Sigil does not remember which tab was on top (active view) when restarted. IIRC way back when... it did remember
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Minor annoyance:
If you stack (on top of each other. you get a tab at the bottom.) the 'book browser' and the TOC, Sigil does not remember which tab was on top (active view) when restarted. IIRC way back when... it did remember
Similar here - should be fixable because the calibre editor does remember last selected tab - assuming the docking is implemented by Qt.

That said I prefer software that allows user to set a specific 'start state'. I never liked the 'start where ever I happened to be last time' approach, it seems to imply one never finishes anything.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Minor annoyance:
If I leave the ToC on top, it remembers that just fine!
Advert
Old 12-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedwin View Post
I think I noticed a bug in Sigil 0.9.0 that is still in 0.9.2. Every time I generate a table of contents, a space gets inserted between the opening quote and the s in all instances of class="sigil_not_in_toc".

I just replicated this error in the Sigil User's Guide 0.7.2 with Sigil 0.9.2.
Just pushed a fix to the github repository that I think will address this issue. It will be in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Minor annoyance:
I know people probably get tired of hearing this, but I really think this one's on Qt.

The state of all widgets is being properly saved/restored (and hasn't been changed recently to my knowledge), but it seems as if Qt5.4.2 is enforcing its own preference regarding the display order of multiple tabbed/nested widgets.

I know this has not always been the case in the past, and hopefully it will be corrected sometime in the future. Because unless I'm missing something, those saveState/restoreState calls can't really be finagled in any way. They are what they are.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:43 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I know people probably get tired of hearing this, but I really think this one's on Qt.

The state of all widgets is being properly saved/restored (and hasn't been changed recently to my knowledge), but it seems as if Qt5.4.2 is enforcing its own preference regarding the display order of multiple tabbed/nested widgets.

I know this has not always been the case in the past, and hopefully it will be corrected sometime in the future. Because unless I'm missing something, those saveState/restoreState calls can't really be finagled in any way. They are what they are.
I totally understand.
QT is a building block...with flaws. The problem... No competition You get what you get.

for looking
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote