Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 03:48 AM   #1111
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Request

Request to add a request function to remove the font size style.
It increase or decrease the book font size.

It show in every html part, for example:

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="font-size:1.111rem;">

Last edited by oren64; 10-23-2017 at 04:07 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #1112
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Request to add a request function to remove the font size style.
It increase or decrease the book font size.

It show in every html part, for example:

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" style="font-size:1.111rem;">
It shows in every one? I haven't seen it in any of my thousands of ebooks. Where does your example come from?

Aside from that, I see four issues with this request.

First and foremost, there's already a way to do this - in calibre's "convert to EPUB" function, IIRC - so why reinvent the wheel in Modify? Second, there are so many ways to set a starting font size for the book (such as by attaching a class to the BODY element and defining that class's font size) that I'm bound to overlook one. Third, the Modify logic isn't really set up to do this, so doing it correctly would be a significant undertaking. Fourth, while the limited case of "remove the STYLE attribute from the HTML element, if present" is doable, I've never seen that, so I have to ask whether this is a genuine problem or just one weird book. If the latter, the optimal solution is to open the book in the editor and just do a global search-and-replace to fix it.

That's without even getting into the question of whether this would be a wise feature to add...
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #1113
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Rev Bob
I've only seen REM units used in Kindle books
and I don't remember seeing it in that declaration
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:05 AM   #1114
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Rev Bob
I've only seen REM units used in Kindle books
and I don't remember seeing it in that declaration
I've gotten a lot of Kindle books, and although I occasionally see REMs, it's not even close to universal, and I've never seen it there.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:00 AM   #1115
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I've gotten a lot of Kindle books, and although I occasionally see REMs, it's not even close to universal, and I've never seen it there.
I've seen it often enough in AZW3 <html> tags to have set up a saved search/replace in the calibre Editor to get rid of the PITA.

It's quite a long time since I bought from Amazon (a small personal protest at the abomination which is KFX) so I don't know whether any recent AZW3s are still using it.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #1116
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Is there a plugin to remove page-map.xml files?

Is there a Calibre plugin to remove page-map.xml files? I haven't been able to find one, so I decided to ask here. Thank you.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #1117
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
None that I know of, maybe it could be added to the Modify plugin.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:00 PM   #1118
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
That would be great, if it could be added to the Modify EPUB plugin, which is a great plugin.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #1119
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In that case post a request in the Modify plug-in thread, someone might consider adding an option.

BR
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #1120
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
Is there a Calibre plugin to remove page-map.xml files? I haven't been able to find one, so I decided to ask here. Thank you.
Why will you delete this file from an ebook? It provide the page reference for the print version. There is nothing wrong with this file within ebooks.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:18 AM   #1121
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Quote:
Originally Posted by deback View Post
That would be great, if it could be added to the Modify EPUB plugin, which is a great plugin.
Modified version of the Modify EPUB plugin with the added ability to delete page-map.xml files.

Here

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 12-12-2017 at 03:16 AM.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 AM   #1122
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Moderator Notice
Moved discussion to the Modify epub thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:08 AM   #1123
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Why will you delete this file from an ebook? It provide the page reference for the print version. There is nothing wrong with this file within ebooks.
I'd like to see an answer for this question as well; I share DD's bafflement at the request. A page-map file is technically not part of the EPUB spec, but as a practical matter, it's a useful extension that the Adobe rendering engine actively uses.

It's also worth noting that this type of page reference can also take the form of an NCX pageList element; rather than eradicating the page-map file entirely, my inclination would be to use it to create a pageList section - either in addition to or instead of the page-map.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:04 AM   #1124
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Modified version of the Modify EPUB plugin with the added ability to delete page-map.xml files.
The plugin does not work for me. I tested it on 6 books and the error log posted is pretty much the same for all of them. The KeyError: u'remove_page_map' error looks suspiciously like it relates to the changes for page-map.xml files.

Code:
calibre, version 3.12.0
ERROR: Modify ePub failed: No ePub files were updated

Modify ePubs
Logfile for book ID 4085 (Alphabet Soup / Ann Onymous)
  Modifying:  C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_t_57ch\rcqvps_modify_epub\4085.epub
Parsing xml file: content.opf
Parsing xml file: toc.ncx
	Looking for files to remove: [u'iTunesMetadata.plist', u'iTunesArtwork']
	Looking for files to remove: [u'META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt']
	  Found file to remove: META-INF/calibre_bookmarks.txt
	Looking for files to remove: [u'.DS_Store', u'thumbs.db']
Alphabet Soup - ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 80, in process_book
  File "calibre_plugins.modify_epub.modify", line 133, in _process_book
KeyError: u'remove_page_map'

ePub not changed after 0.59 seconds
Edit: After updating to Calibre 3.13.0, I re-ran Modify Epub against the same files and no errors.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-01-2017 at 01:10 AM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:31 AM   #1125
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Rev. Bob - This is in a closed consumer group situation.

We decided to remove page-maps from 'books' which were subject to a continuous update process. They weren't used for either for their intended or any nefarious purpose - so maintaining them was a waste of time. We removed them when we updated the content in Sigil.

The 'books' aren't books in the common parlance, more like rolling 'Live' articles that news sites have.

The person who instigated their use came from the traditional book publishing domain.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-01-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Tags
modify epub