Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I really wish they allowed us to use a cart for e-books.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #17
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I really wish they allowed us to use a cart for e-books.
same here. my list is getting longer
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
That One-Click Buy is a tricky thing. I was browsing books on my Kindle and the next thing I'd bought one. But fortunately I did see the "Purchased Accidentally" link and pressed it immediately. I am now extra careful when browsing ... guess I learned my lesson.
I'd be happy with a confirmation screen that says something like "Are you sure you want to buy this book?" I also purchased books when trying to get a free sample. If you buy it online not through the Kindle there is no accidental purchase return link. You have to contact CS directly to get a refund.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'd be happy with a confirmation screen that says something like "Are you sure you want to buy this book?" I also purchased books when trying to get a free sample. If you buy it online not through the Kindle there is no accidental purchase return link. You have to contact CS directly to get a refund.
I believe there is a confirmation screen on the full web site, isn't there?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #20
alsaan
Enthusiast
alsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it isalsaan knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 2 & Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe there is a confirmation screen on the full web site, isn't there?
Not if you have 1-Click ordering enabled.
alsaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
The only time I've almost accidentally ordered is when I got a sample first. When I was done reading the sample, the last page had the "buy" button highlighted by default. Clicking on any of the usual buttons may have resulted in a purchase if I had the wireless on at the time.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #22
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I suspect the GUI was designed to facilitate impulse buying and accidental ordering :-( Otherwise, why not change it to ensure that buying the book MUST be deliberate?

And yes... I wish we could use a cart for e-books, too. But again, if the customer could see an overall total for multiple book purchases, that might inhibit their impulse buying.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 AM   #23
hedwig
Book Worm
hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.hedwig can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post
I suspect the GUI was designed to facilitate impulse buying and accidental ordering :-( Otherwise, why not change it to ensure that buying the book MUST be deliberate?
Yes, probably with the hope that the customer will buy the book accidentally and then just decide "well its done I might as well keep and read it".
hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:00 AM   #24
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamekke View Post

And yes... I wish we could use a cart for e-books, too. But again, if the customer could see an overall total for multiple book purchases, that might inhibit their impulse buying.
i guess. but i already have a portion of money set aside for amazon ebook purchases, so it doesn't matter to me
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #25
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Funny, I just read a blog post about how easy it is to accidentally buy an app from the new android store. If you touch the buy button while scrolling on your android phone, you bought it. Touch is waayyy more accident prone than point and click. Conveniently (for amazon) there is only one 1click setting for everything.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote