Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
The Joy of Giving!

My husband bought my Kindle for me as a Christmas gift, and today I got to return the favor! I decided to surprise him with a Kindle (and case) of his own. The smile on his face was so much more than I expected; even the kids were tickled.
I think the best part, was his telling me that I bought him the one gift he would not have bought for himself. I find that funny, seeing as he knows just how much I love the Kindle he bought for me.

Last edited by Nyssa; 03-01-2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Nice. My wife and I couldn't live without ours. Gets used daily for sure.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
That's wonderful Nyssa. I am sure he will be very happy with it.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Believe me your Husband is unbelievably happy, I know, My wife bought me MY K3 and I was stunned into silence ... very rare indeed LOL,

Hope you both enjoy the Kindles for a very very long time !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

LOL. Thank you!

The Kindle went off to work with him this morning. I hope he remembers to actually eat lunch today.
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
I love mine so much I was going to buy my old dear (Mum) one for her birthday, but my Dad got in there before me so she'll have to make do with a bunch of flowers and an Amazon voucher from across the miles!
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
melodysilence
melodysilence began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Nice job Nyssa! What a lovely couple you are!
melodysilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodysilence View Post
Nice job Nyssa! What a lovely couple you are!
What a sweet thing to say! Thank you.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:15 PM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict

I Love Amazon!

So, when I bought my hubby's Kindle, I had decided to try Amazon Prime. The package showed up the day it was expected, but in the evening.

We made a 2nd order that showed up 4 days sooner than expected. It was from a reseller working through Amazon. I figured they just got the package out sooner than they first estimated.

Now, after weeks of suffering case envy, I decided last night, an hour before the cut off, to replace my regular case with a lighted case. I was expecting it tomorrow evening. Guess what was waiting for me when I got home a few minutes ago!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Everyone (as far as I know) who has one loves it. I know I use my new Kindle daily to read books and (now that there are some out there) play games on. I am reminded of ST:TNG every time I hold it (The P.A.D.D.). I do end up having to plug it in often since I don't often turn it off (screen saver), but I love having it to hand when I want to read.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote