Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 03:38 AM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
MapleRead (the app formerly known as BookMaster) for iPhone/iPad

I just saw that BookMaster was updated and renamed to MapleRead on my iPad. Having been a MapleRead iPhone beta tester, I checked to see if MapleRead is available for the iPhone in the AppStore and it is!

If you can't see it in the AppStore, then go to the "maplepop" website (developer of MapleRead) and there is a AppStore link on their website. It's also on sale and imho, way too cheap!

Also, all versions of MapleRead have been updated with new features requested by the users including page margin controls

I love this app and think it looks great on my iPhone and iPad (and I have no conflict of interest - I have purchased both versions).
Old 07-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #2
Cesca
Groupie
Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cesca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, iPads, Sonys
Thanks for the heads-up. I like the new options for changing margins & column width in two-column landscape mode. And adding that thin line between columns improves readability for me. Great update!
Advert
Old 07-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
Cloudmaker
Cloudmaker began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Nice update, margin control -wow!
Just noticed that with margins adjusted we lost reading stats (% of book read on top, pages read/left in chapter on bottom). Any chance of getting it back?
Old 07-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #4
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesca View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I like the new options for changing margins & column width in two-column landscape mode. And adding that thin line between columns improves readability for me. Great update!
I like them too. Independent control of left/right and top/bottom page margins are great and do work much better than other apps. But other settings under Page Layut are not new. According to What's New posted on their website, two-column mode with adjustable column gap has been there since v1.0 (May 2014), and column rule (what you call the thin line between columns) was added in v1.1 (Dec 2014).

Alas! MapleRead (BookMaster) is so much well ahead of its competitors and yet it is so much under-appreciated!
Old 07-09-2016, 12:49 AM   #5
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
Nice update, margin control -wow!
Just noticed that with margins adjusted we lost reading stats (% of book read on top, pages read/left in chapter on bottom). Any chance of getting it back?
I think your statement is not completely true. After playing around it, I've discovered that you only lose the header and footer when the top&bottom margin is small (1-3), but they are still present otherwise (4-7).

Under the 8-segment control of "Page Margin - Top & Bottom", there is a line that reads "Progress line only for small margins". And I do see a thin line (progress line) at the bottom indicating the reading progress percentage. To me, this is good enough to tell me where I'm reading in the book. In fact, this kind of progress line/bar is pretty common in many reader apps I've used.

Apparently the developer thinks that there is not enough room to display the header and footer with sufficient spacing when the top & bottom margin is small enough. I can easily agree that is the case when the margin is set at 1 and 2, but not necessarily 3. Hence, I played with the font size and text font settings, and it did not take long to discover a few combinations that have convinced me that value 3 is indeed small enough--the bottom-most line is too close to the footer.

By the way, the bottom numbers are read/total but not read/left (of the current chapter/section).
Advert
Old 07-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Go here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=276074
Closed Thread