Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Well I had my unit lock up hard early on (me playing around with different formats etc). The reset method suggested on the EZReader FAQ (press for 2 seconds, called a soft-reset) didn't work. The method I suggested I found out from the Bebook Mini manual, and I did read it on a website a similar suggestion (could have been here, or bebook forum, or even someones review of the Hanlin V5).
OK, then looks like we have a soft and a hard reset. Is this in Robert's FAQ? It should be, if it's not.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:37 PM   #17
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
OK, then looks like we have a soft and a hard reset. Is this in Robert's FAQ? It should be, if it's not.
It does look that way to me. The 2 second reset press is the 'soft reset' and the 10 second (from what I suspect) has a similar effect to removing/reinserting the battery after a lock-up.

Nah, Robert's Faq on EZReader website has;

Quote:
Q. If your EZ Reader freezes or other problems occur?

If you run into any other problems, please try the following before contacting technical support:

1. Like all electronic devices with a rechargeable battery, plenty of power is essential. If the unit does have any problems, first plug it in overnight to ensure that the battery is fully charged. Please use the included power adaptor, and not charge using a USB cable with your computer. Recharge fully overnight as a first step.

2. There is a reset button just above the battery door on the back side of the device. It is a tiny hole about the diameter of a paper clip. Use a paper clip end and push GENTLY into this hole for about 2 seconds, and the device should then automatically shut down and then restart. You should not lose any data when doing this “soft reset”. Now check to see if your problem has disappeared.

3. If steps 1 and 2 above did not help, open the battery door. Check to see if you have correctly placed the battery inside the compartment. Remove the battery and then wait ten seconds before putting the battery correctly back into place. Close the battery door by gently tightening the screw. Restart the EZ Reader manually. You should not lose any data during this process. Now check to see if your problem has disappeared.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I would call those "Soft reset" and "Restore" (to base/default configuration). Sort of what you get on a Router. Reset or Reload Factory settings.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #19
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Sounds reasonable to me
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote