Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #3796
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Question, is there an available command line in PRS+ to log/check hardware information (particularly CPU)? Thanks!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #3797
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Yes, very easy:

Use the CLI in PRS+ and type for example following command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #3798
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Yes, very easy:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

A.
Cool. Thanks! Any way to be able to output it to text file?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #3799
bigfatfrog67
bigfatfrog67 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
CLI

Quote:
Yes, very easy:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

A.
WOW How do I get to CLI in PRS+?
bigfatfrog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #3800
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfrog67 View Post
WOW How do I get to CLI in PRS+?
Hi there,

The instructions are here: http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/wi...eveloper_Tools

However, it means building your own PRS+ installer. Alternatively, you can use Analogous' Zork version, available here. (But almost all the games are removed and there are some other changes, so check the fine print!)

Sincerely,
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #3801
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
PRS+ disappeared from my 950. I have tried reinstalling and it seemed to install but there was only one function (User epub style) listed under Book Viewer Settings. I tried turning the 950 off and restarting it and now the PRS+ is gone again.

I really liked the "Page turn with single tap" as well as standby image being the current book cover. Can someone tell me how to get the PRS+ to stay on my reader and preferably with these options available?
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #3802
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
PRS+ disappeared from my 950. I have tried reinstalling and it seemed to install but there was only one function (User epub style) listed under Book Viewer Settings. I tried turning the 950 off and restarting it and now the PRS+ is gone again.
The only reason PRS+ appears to disappear is if the reader is started while hooked up to the USB port. When starting up the reader while connected to the USB port the reader will boot into safe mode and come up with the standard Sony firmware w/out PRS+. Just shutdown your reader then turn it back on while disconnected from your computer and PRS+ will again be up front.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #3803
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
The only reason PRS+ appears to disappear is if the reader is started while hooked up to the USB port. When starting up the reader while connected to the USB port the reader will boot into safe mode and come up with the standard Sony firmware w/out PRS+. Just shutdown your reader then turn it back on while disconnected from your computer and PRS+ will again be up front.
Thank you for the response but I did start it up while it was disconnected from the USB.

I just now restarted the 950 and PRS+ is there again but once again most of the options under Book Viewer Settings are missing.

Last edited by Gronk; 07-07-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #3804
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Which version of PRS+ do you use?
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #3805
Gronk
Zealot

Quote:
Which version of PRS+ do you use?
It is PRS+ 2.0.12beta. That was the newest I found. I see now though there is a PRS+ 2.0.18. Should I download that and install it?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #3806
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
I've been using the 2.1 Alpha on my 950 for quite some time now, with no ill effects or mishaps of any kind. I'd go for that one.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #3807
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
I'd second that - 2.1 Alpha has worked on my 950 without a hiccup (except for the games, of course). It makes the 950 one of the best available readers, IMHO.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #3808
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I have noticed a bug which I think is probably a result of Prs+ (at least I never noticed it before I installed Prs+):

When making annotations within a book, basically I am unable to annotate. It will not highlight text. The scribble / drawing annotation function still works, but the normal text highlighter does not.

The bug may be associated with turning the touchscreen on and off a lot, but I am not sure. Is this a known bug, and is there a solution? I am using the latest version of prs+ on a 650. Thx in advance.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #3809
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I am using the latest version of prs+ on a 650. Thx in advance.
There are so many "latest" versions, it would help if you look on the about page and specify exactly what version you are using.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:15 AM   #3810
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I am talking about what appears to be the most recent release on what I assume to be the official project page dated Feb 26 of this year.

I got it from here: http://code.google.com/p/prs-plus/downloads/list

I am using version 2.1.01 alpha. I figured the bug is well-known I'm pretty sure I've had it since before the last version and on two separate 650s (I think...). It's not the end of the world, but I thought there might be a work-around.

Last edited by Rizla; 07-13-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote