Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
anisotrope
anisotrope began at the beginning.

Device: none
Infinite time limit for news?

I have two news sources that I download regularly: Foreign Affairs and the Economist. I would like to keep ALL of the issues. They basically take up zero space (relative to hard drive capacity) and so I'd like to keep them all.

Under "Schedule News Download", there are two somewhat contradictory options.

1) Under "advanced tab" there is "Keep at most" which I have set to "all issues".
2) At the bottom of the screen and most generically, there is a "Delete Downloaded News Older than" --which can only be set to 1000 days. Yes, that is just under three years. And yes, I want to keep them ALL.

How can I keep all my old issues? I'd also be happy with just increasing the size of that box to something ridiculous like 36500 (i.e. 100 years...).

Luckily I had FileHistory turned on so I just restored those that had been deleted!

Thanks!
anisotrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply delete the News tag from the books metadata and it will never be auto-deleted by calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Oh and I forgot, you can also set it to zero to disable it (as the tooltip for that control tells you).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote