Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-18-2022, 04:50 PM   #3436
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It would appear that Kobo might currently be silently rolling out a new hardware revision of the Libra 2...

Early adopters are probably still screwed, but there might be hope for new buyers that this one might actually work somewhat properly...

Or it could just be a coincidence due to supply chain issues ;o).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-19-2022 at 01:47 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #3437
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It would appear that Kobo might currently be silently rolling out a new hardware revision of the Libra 2...

Early adopters are probably still screwed, but there might be hope for new buyers that this one might actually work somewhat properly...

Or it could just be a coincidence due to of supply chain issues ;o).
Luckily I can still return both. I was thinking of keeping both because while I love everything about the Libra 2, the PW5 battery and stability are a godsend. Checked my Libra 2 and its revision is the old one, so with this new info, I'll return it and wait for some reason to get the new revision at some future point.

It's so pretty though...
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2022, 05:13 AM   #3438
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
Does koreader consume more battery than the default kobo readerr?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:53 PM   #3439
mrecom
mrecom began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Is it possible to have *.kepub files display in the KOReader OPDS? I am only using KOReader for the OPDS functionality and want to read kepub format.
mrecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 04:59 PM   #3440
mrecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrecom View Post
Is it possible to have *.kepub files display in the KOReader OPDS? I am only using KOReader for the OPDS functionality and want to read kepub format.
Not sure how to edit above post. Technically the files are *.kepub.epub

May or may not make a difference w/r/t what I'm asking about.
Advert
Old 07-28-2022, 05:21 PM   #3441
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Possibly, but one would have to double-check whether the FM and reader actually handle .kepub files, too (I, err, don't recall; because you gain nothing by using KePubs unless your workflow involves a lot of switching between Nickel & KOReader).

Just for context, I assume the OPDS server is hitting a calibre library?
Old 07-28-2022, 11:27 PM   #3442
mrecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Possibly, but one would have to double-check whether the FM and reader actually handle .kepub files, too (I, err, don't recall; because you gain nothing by using KePubs unless your workflow involves a lot of switching between Nickel & KOReader).

Just for context, I assume the OPDS server is hitting a calibre library?
Correct. OPDS server is hitting a Calibre library. What is the FM?
Old 07-28-2022, 11:41 PM   #3443
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Correct. OPDS server is hitting a Calibre library. What is the FM?
File Manager, perhaps?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 03:56 AM   #3444
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
When You send a Kepub file with calibre to a Kobo the file has the extension *.kepub.epub and KOReader can read it.

I often switch between Nickel and KOReader and, if in the book there are images or notes, I sideload a Kepub to my Kobo.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 01:19 PM   #3445
mrecom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
When You send a Kepub file with calibre to a Kobo the file has the extension *.kepub.epub and KOReader can read it.

I often switch between Nickel and KOReader and, if in the book there are images or notes, I sideload a Kepub to my Kobo.
Are you aware of ways to sideload kepub (in essence *.kepub.epub) from Calibre content server that is password protected?
Old 07-29-2022, 02:11 PM   #3446
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
When You send a Kepub file with calibre to a Kobo the file has the extension *.kepub.epub
Good point, I'd forgotten about that .
Old 07-30-2022, 09:59 AM   #3447
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Are you aware of ways to sideload kepub (in essence *.kepub.epub) from Calibre content server that is password protected?
Sorry, I don't use Calibre content server so I know nothing about it.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 04:22 PM   #3448
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
I seem to be getting pretty poor battery life with KOReader on Kobo Libra 2, hw revision 2, including during sleep (3% an hour while reading, 1% every 3 hours while sleeping). It crash-reboots all the time while adjusting the frontlight, and frequently also when going to KOReader’s hamburger menu (Exit, Help, etc). This was an issue on my older hw revision 1 of the same device, but seems even worse now.

From the lack of mass reports of crashes on the stock reader, nor of battery life, could this be related to KOReader specifically?
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:09 PM   #3449
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope, apparently the Libra 2 is just a broken mess ;o).

The crashing is known, and we can't do anything about it, unlike for the Libra 1, where we ultimately managed to tame the worst of it, putting it at only a slight disadvantage on the "weird Mk. 7 EPDC crash" podium, compared to its buddies the Clara & the Forma (which also suffer from a wide range of weird epdc bugs and/or crashes).

What's fairly new is that it *has* been reproduced (a lot.) on Nickel. (Well, technically, not that new, the Libra 1 EPDC issues were also reproducible in Nickel, albeit at a lower frequency, and were somewhat sneakier to catch in the act for untrained eyes).

The higher than expected power drain for an i.MX SoC has also been mentioned before, but it's harder to quantify because battery gauges are broken by design on NTX boards. (And because it was overshadowed by the truly horrendous power efficiency of the boards with a sunxi SoC; especially on the Sage because of its tiny battery).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2022 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:23 PM   #3450
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Just popping in to say that I recently read half of one book in Nickel on my Sage after KOReader couldn't compensate for some weird line-height and line-spacing in the CSS. I was AMAZED at how how much better the battery life was under Nickel. After 2-3 hours reading, the battery was at 75%, when it would have been well under 50% in KOReader. BUT

I missed the reading experience in KOReader too much, especially the gestures. I missed it so much that I opened the book in Calibre, edited the CSS and reloaded the book back on to my Sage. I can literally count on one hand the number of books I've edited the CSS for, which shows how much I was missing my KOReader.

The feeling of relief at being able to read again in KOreader was overwhelming. It made me grateful once more for the KOReader devs, and glad once more that I have a Sage and not a Libra 2. Thank you all!
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote