Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Virtual keyboard: missing characters with accents?

Hi,

I have been a rather happy user of Odyssey for more than a year. A couple of time I thought I ran into something strange regarding the virtual keyboard, but had no time to investigate further. This weekend I gave it a deep research and I stumbled on something as awkward as the missing text search function:

When writing in French, we very often need the "é" character, and somewhat often the "à" one. But I cannot find them on the virtual keyboard...

By hitting "&" then "àÀ", I get a set of less used accented characters, but not those needed ones.

Did I miss something or are they really missing?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

V.
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Strange, I do have both grave and acute a's and e's.

In particular, "à" is the first letter from left, upper row, while "é" is the fourth letter from left, upper row. (GUI language set to "English" or "French" or "Italian". However other accented letters show or do not show up, depending on the GUI language.)
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Thanks for your response Alberto. Actually, I noticed yesterday that the keyboard is not the same when you invoke it for notes (accents are OK) or to enter text in a web form. The accented characters are missing in the web mode. Can you please confirm?
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I confirm.

In the browser, the keyboard shows up with 10 "blank" keys, and it lacks acute a's and e's, among others.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote