Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #151
Anno Domini
Anno Domini began at the beginning.

Device: BOYUE Likebook Plus ebook reader 7.8 inch Carta Screen 300PPI
Given Boyue Likebook Plus has the same hardware as Icarus XL is it possible to reflash Likebook into Icarus and would there be any advantages?
Anno Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:50 PM   #152
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno Domini View Post
Given Boyue Likebook Plus has the same hardware as Icarus XL is it possible to reflash Likebook into Icarus and would there be any advantages?
I imagine you can. I flashed my Icarus with the latest Likebook Plus update and it works fine. The last Icarus update was from November of last year and the most recent Likebook Plus update is from January so I'm thinking there is no advantage to going to an older version.

Seems like Boyue creates the updates, then Icarus puts their branding in place and eventually makes it available.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:48 AM   #153
Anno Domini
Anno Domini began at the beginning.

Device: BOYUE Likebook Plus ebook reader 7.8 inch Carta Screen 300PPI
- Thanks for your explaining. Then rebranding into Icarus XL is not a good idea.
Besides. Icarus seems to be very jelous of this firmware. It is not available for public download.
Anno Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #154
nrseife
nrseife began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus illumina e654bk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I imagine you can. I flashed my Icarus with the latest Likebook Plus update and it works fine. The last Icarus update was from November of last year and the most recent Likebook Plus update is from January so I'm thinking there is no advantage to going to an older version.

Seems like Boyue creates the updates, then Icarus puts their branding in place and eventually makes it available.
Same here...so far works well on my Icarus. We can ignore Icarus for updates and download the more frequent Boyue ones...
nrseife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #155
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have created a wiki page for the BOYUE Likebook Plus‎‎
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:56 PM   #156
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Is anyone using another launcher? I rooted my device and tried multiple launchers and for the most part they work fine, but I'm unable to change the wallpaper to anything. I obviously would love a solid white background, but no matter what I do I keep failing. Does anyone have any tips?
Do have a look at these launchers: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...66&postcount=2. Should be just what you need.

Last edited by fernsruben; 01-30-2018 at 01:58 PM.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:58 PM   #157
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Do have a look at these launchers: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...66&postcount=2. Should be just what you need.
Thanks for the input. I've been using ReLaunchX for about a week now and once I figured out the obvious I have been very satisfied by it. Now if I can only figure out how to take a screen capture on this device.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:11 AM   #158
simongcc
simongcc began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus
About Likebook Plus Dictionary

Hello! I have the Likebook Plus (T80s)
When I have got it first time, it hang during an update so I have it fixed by the distributor. After the distributor give it back to me, I found that the dictionary is empty. Anyone can show me a way to copy back the dictionary file?

It is still empty even after the update 0215 version.
Any help is appreciated.
I don't mind if it is needed to be rooted to get it back.

Thanks a lot.
simongcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #159
simongcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Hi guys.
I got my Boyue Paper (o Likebook Plus) a few days ago. And I can tell you that I am very happy with it. I was just what I was looking for. The screen is nice (both definition, touch-reaction and backlight) and the firmware works smoothly. Battery performance is not bad at all for this kind of Android devices. It comes with Google Play installed so you can install whatever you want. It also has OTG and Bluetooth.

On the downside I have to say that it doesn't have page-turn buttons (it doesn't have a reset button). It doesn't have a Micro-SD slot (although I don't think it is necessary since it has 16G of internal storage). The device is rootable but it seems the firmware update tools stops working when rooted. So in order to update you would have to unroot, update and the root again. It also seems that installing Xposed could block the device. I find the weight a little bit too much (290gr), specially compared to the Kobo Aura One which is only 230gr.

One last thing, if you want to use Goldendict don't install the Google play version because it won't work inside other apps. You have install either the GoldenDict-1.6.5-Android-3.0+ version or the normal GoldenDict-1.6.5 from their website:
Free version
Paid version

If you want a deeper analysis I have posted it in this Spanish forum
Overall I think it is a great e-reader and it is the one I am using all the time at home. And if you have further questions just let me know.

EDIT: Used Root Master for rooting.
I have tried to install the goldendict 1.6.5 3.0+, but it is still not available in the stock app reader. Is there anything need to set it up?
Old 02-16-2018, 11:36 PM   #160
simongcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
So hey LikeBook'ers

I've been a user of the T62 and Kindle Paperwhite for a while. Got myself a LikeBook plus from AliExpress from the official company store recently tho. I've had the fortune of building a good repo with the after sales team and got in touch with a few devs too. I have though, just recently, come active on MobileRead.

Never the less, I have also been having to and fro communications with the team on issues with the device and been doing some basic testing and reporting.

Keep an eye out for OTA update v1.0.2-2017122910 which has a lot of bug fixes and refinements to the reading apps and battery improvements.

So, going forward, I request all owners of the Boyue LikeBook Plus and Icarus Illumina XL HD (same device, same manufacturer, same software developers, just re-branded and sold in other markets) to make a list of issues they face with their devices. Also mention any suggestions or feature requests ya'll might have.

I will compile suggestions listed out by everyone and report back to Boyue for them to work on the same. Do list out issues/ suggestions in point form. Makes it easier for me to compile a master list. If this could be done within a week or two from the date of this post, would be great.

The dev team is working on the following issues for now:
1. Deleting dialogue box: When deleting an item, the dialogue box shows "Do you wan to delete this book?" for non book items too. Also, the spelling of 'deleting' is wrongly spelled as 'deleteing' in the deletion processing toast message.

2. PDF Reader: The app crashes on PDF files more than 15/ 20 MB. Also, if 'page re-flow' has been selected and font size changed, the settings get reset once the device has been powered off and re-booted.

3. Epub/ Mobi Reader: Settings are reset upon restarting device.

4. Battery Life: Using WIFI and Bluetooth drains the battery very-very fast. Backlight on lever 3 reduces the battery by 1 percent in 2 hours.

5. Dictionary app: Certain words which are detected while reading a book are not detected standalone in the app.

Ciao!

P.s., Regarding having an updated version of Android (dream of Android Oreo Go), the team had apparently considered this and approached RockChip (SOC Mfg.) for support and development sources. however due to low demand for such chips, there exists little to no upward development and hence, no hopes for the latest Android releases (for now, at least).
Thanks for your information.
About the Dictionary App, since it is empty by default, is it better to ask them make download or installing dictionary features?

I tried GoldenDict but it is still not usable in the built in stock app reader(FBReader), any clues to solve that?
Old 02-18-2018, 06:27 AM   #161
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Now, the cost of Icarus is slightly more than Boyue's. Does it worth buy from Icarus? I mean, are good after sales service and warranty from this distributor?

With value added tax its costs is similar

Last edited by viceant; 02-18-2018 at 06:40 AM. Reason: correct
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #162
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Aside, in banggood has anyone bought anything with a debit card? Is it advisable or you had better pay with a credit card? Maybe I had better get a paypal account....
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #163
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The reading app that comes with the Likebook is FBReader?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:25 PM   #164
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If this is a question the answer is yes.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #165
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The version that comes with it is nothing like the normal version. Almost all settings are gone, so if you like the customization in the normal version you won't like this one.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote