Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Oasis covers

Click image for larger version

Name:	71tmo%2BbQbnL._SL1300_.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	161385

*is there a way to resize the picture?*

I bought this cover from Amazon this past week, and wanted to give my feedback about it here.

I bought it, mainly because it functions both as a screen protector, sleep state, and stand in one, all for under $12.
It has 2 magnets inside, one for turning the device into sleep mode, and the other, to make use of the tilt back stand feat.

In portrait mode, the device tilts back about 40 degrees, and in my opinion is an excellent angle for reading from a computer desk.
In landscape mode, with buttons on the top, the device tilts back about 35 degrees, and facing my aortha (slightly below my eyes).
Not detrimental, but still works well.

There's no real option to tilt back the screen for left handed people (buttons on the left side), or in portrait, to have the buttons on the bottom.

I have found if the device tilt is above 45 degrees (from zero being totally vertical, and 90 degrees being horizontal, or parallel with the table), that I often have issues with screen glare; reflections of light bulbs.
This cover does well in not having a too large angle.

The cover exists out of a plastic casing perfectly fitting the Oasis' back, in which the device clicks into.
It is covered by a material which is a modern version of imitation leather; meaning it feels like leather, but the pattern looks different.
It does looks quite elegant.

Overall it functions fine, with the exception of these 2 issues.
1- The screen protector flap, when bent to the back of the device, extends about 1/16th of an inch too far beyond the border of the plastic casing, which causes the device to be rather loose in the hand (palm of hand resting on the flap, rather than on the casing).
2- There also is no magnet to keep the flap close to the casing, so while reading, if you flip the flap backwards, it will tend to move away from the plastic casing quite easily, and make the reader a bit less stable in the hand.

Other than that, I really do like the case; and I can only hope that this Asian product will last the test of time.
Would be nice to have more experiences voiced on other cases/protectors.

Last edited by issybird; 01-09-2018 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Oversize image attached as thumbnail.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #2
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I also looked at the Walnew origami cases for KOA2, but what turned me off was the Walnew label on the front of the cases with designs/patterns on them. I instead opted for a Moko origami case, which works great as a stand/cover.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote