Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
time

i've proposed 7 o'clock on the other thread. i'll let you know if there are any cries of outrage / enthusiastic acceptance.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #17
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I am happy to announce our very first MobileRead reader meetup...

Here's the scoop:

Friday, July 19th @ 7pm
Ummm unless I'm seriously mistaken, it's either Friday 18th or Saturday 19th - unless of course, you're planning waaaaay ahead here

I'd love to come, but a week's notice is impossible - I need a couple of months heads-up to get it in the diary - next time, maybe...

Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
apéro
What's that?

Quote:
i think you should. the majority of you seem to be in texas already, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Do you know how big Texas is?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Ummm unless I'm seriously mistaken, it's either Friday 18th or Saturday 19th - unless of course, you're planning waaaaay ahead here

I'd love to come, but a week's notice is impossible - I need a couple of months heads-up to get it in the diary - next time, maybe...

Pete.
well, so far it looks like it will be the friday, but i did originally propose either friday or saturday... no-one has said they prefer saturday so far, so i think it will be friday.

seriously, you can't fit it in your schedule with a FULL WEEK's notice ??? what about the eurostar ? it's only a few hours away ! (unless of course the train breaks down in the tunnel again and you're stranded for 12 hours).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What's that?
apéro short for apéritif, drinks before dinner.

Quote:
Do you know how big Texas is?

BOb
hmmm... quite big ? (is this a trick question ?) but then y'all are used to that, right ?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Thanks Pete, of course you are right! It's Friday, July 18th. Before, the 19th was also being considered, and somehow the date was still on my mind.

Quote:
More heads-up time in the future, promised.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
hmmm... quite big ? (is this a trick question ?) but then y'all are used to that, right ?
Um... right, quite big. We don't have the eurostar thingy!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:28 PM   #22
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
INSANE amount of geekery !!! absolutely. and he's right about the wounded egos as well. sheesh.

just so you know, the little arrow on the google map is not *quite* accurate (which is a crushing disappointment : google maps, fallible ???? what ????). the bar is actually on the corner of the rue Juliette Dodu and the rue de la Grange aux Belles (this corner is visible on the map. it's only 3 doors further). but if you can find the place marked by the arrow, i'm sure you can find the bar as well.

(of course, i won't tell you that the only reason i want to organise this is purely self-interested... i just cannot wait any longer to see e-ink in person. and besides whatever different liseuses will accompany the MR members, tebaldo works on e-ink projects and has many prototypes to show off...)
Have you contacted the Booken folks? They may not be MR readers, but they'd certainly be appropriate people to have present.

Bookeen
6, rue du Tage
75013 Paris
France
email: contact@bookeen.com
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #23
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Heck, why not invite Mobipocket?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

crikey !! bookeen having an aperitif with us ??? do you think they would come ????? do you think they would bring me a cybook to, um, "test" ???? oh my i'm suddenly feeling quite light-headed...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
are you being serious ?

because, i will, if you are...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #26
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

Absolutely!

Mobipocket.com
251 Bld Pereire
75017 Paris, FRANCE
RCS Paris B 429 836 810
Capital social 64.562,00 EURO
Fax: +33 1 56 60 46 08
______'
Dennis
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #27
DMcCunney
New York Editor

Quote:
crikey !! bookeen having an aperitif with us ??? do you think they would come ????? do you think they would bring me a cybook to, um, "test" ???? oh my i'm suddenly feeling quite light-headed...
I have no idea. But you won't know unless you ask.

And they're in Paris, so getting there shouldn't present a huge challenge for them.
______
Dennis
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

i think i'll submit this proposition to the others, and see what they think of it... but great suggestions ! i wouldn't have thought of that.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

friday 7 pm

hadrien says friday 7 pm is a good time for him. so far no cries of outrage, so let's just stick to that.

hadrien also says he knows the people from bookeen, and i should go ahead and invite them, and he doesn't know the people from mobipocket personally but why not.

so i guess tomorrow, i'm going to invite bookeen and mobipocket out for a drink.

crikey.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #30
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I have Mobipocket CEO Martin Gorner's email address. I'll issue the invitation.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apéro, duck!, meetup, mobileread, paris