Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 AM   #16
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by space4 View Post
To read a local html file, say current.html, stored in the usual Kindle documents directory, type:
file:///mnt/us/documents/current.html
OK, I understand this, but it is not working alone. Which hack enabled this, or you are running a webserver in background? Your previous note said, that http://localhost/sample.html not working, it means for me simple, that don't use localhost, but file:/// (and http server is a must)?
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:57 AM   #17
space4
space4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Aura HD
Honestly I don't know which hack enabled this. It was not working before!
These are the hacks I've installed recently:
- usbNetwork 0.33N
- launchPad 0.0.1c
- fbKindle

I haven't started any http server.
space4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #18
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think you have started Busybox httpd and it is running now?!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:14 PM   #19
space4
space4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the roughspace4 is a jewel in the rough

No, no httpd process shown in ps.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #20
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur

So anyone could help us?
Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 AM   #21
space4

Try changing the file: /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs

disable_local_file = false

And reboot machine.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:21 AM   #22
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur

Is this modification requires usbnetwork hack, isn't it?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:27 AM   #23
Nahsaratt
Nahsaratt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Is there any method to run http without WiFi (3G on) ?
Nahsaratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 AM   #24
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
if you want to read a local html , you can use CoolReader: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148850
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 AM   #25
Nahsaratt
Nahsaratt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
if you want to read a local html , you can use CoolReader: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148850
no, i playing online game, it need local http server for displaying graphics
Nahsaratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Thanks a lot, this'll help with my CGI learning.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
sjheiss
Connoisseur
sjheiss began at the beginning.

Device: K3G, KF2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaopangzi View Post
The following works to lauch mplayer streaming some URL by clicking it (from a list of such URLs in an .html or .txt file). It could use some improving, like including the useful part of mplayer's output (but no cache fill... etc).

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# This is file /mnt/us/www/cgi-bin/mplay
# call using (replace host/stream/Station):
# <a href="http://localhost/cgi-bin/mplay?http://host/stream">Station</a>

echo 'Content-type: text/plain'
echo ''

INSTALLDIR=/mnt/us/mplayer
NICENESS="-10"
FIFO=/tmp/mplayer.fifo
MPLAYER="nice -n$NICENESS $INSTALLDIR/mplayer -ao alsa -slave -quiet -input file=$FIFO"

test -z `pidof mplayer` || killall mplayer >/dev/null 2>&1
test -e $FIFO || mkfifo $FIFO

($MPLAYER -playlist "$1" >/dev/null 2>&1) &

echo "Now playing $1 ..."
I'm not really sure how to use this. How do I make an HTML page that can launch music files? What would that look like? Many thanks.

Last edited by sjheiss; 02-18-2012 at 09:39 PM.
sjheiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by space4 View Post
Try changing the file: /opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_prefs

disable_local_file = false

And reboot machine.
Any equivalent for Kindle Touch to do this? I can't find this file in config folder!
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #29
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
Any equivalent for Kindle Touch to do this? I can't find this file in config folder!
Actually, I don't seem to have that file on my K3, but instead that line lives in

/opt/amazon/ebook/config/browser_ww.conf

I must have set it to false some time ago, probably trying to browse local html files, but on firmware 3.3 it refuses, saying (paraphrased)
file:/// isn't supported.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote